Going back to basics!

When I was learning to fly RW, couldn't wait to get out of these cramped up Cessna 150/152's! Need to get my hands on one of those larger Cessna 172's! Well, that happened and it wasn't as big a "step up" that I had imagined! They both had their +'s and -'s!! And The 172 cost me extra money in rental that I really shouldn't have been spending! Oh well, that was long ago! Today, I really do enjoy flying (flight sim that is) the Cessna 150! It's taught many of us well and is still providing enjoyment to those who own them!

2020-12-3_16-11-8-276.jpg

Rick :cool:

It's a nice bird Larry, and , it does bring back many memories! My dad tried to stay clear of teaching me how to fly, so I made my own selection of who was going to teach me, and it involved a little C150, N2551J ! I used to come home from a flying lesson and tell my dad what happened that day, shared with him some frustrations that I may have had, and staying clear, he merely would say, "Hang in there, you'll get it!" That was 54 years ago, and yeah, Dad, I got it! I do miss those days, and today, I look back and think to myself, that cockpit cabin wasn't really all that cramped! BUT, I was a lot thinner back then and so was my flight instructor! :rolleyes:

Thanks Larry! - Rick :cool::cool:

Nice Rick. Started in a 150 myself!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Jan and David!

Yes, David, a lot of us started in the 150! I guess we are another generation! When my Dad used to tell tales of old about learning how to fly

it was all about Taylorcraft, Aeronca and Piper Cubs! This was long before we came along!

Thanks Jan and David!

Yes, David, a lot of us started in the 150! I guess we are another generation! When my Dad used to tell tales of old about learning how to fly

it was all about Taylorcraft, Aeronca and Piper Cubs! This was long before we came along!

I stepped up from 150-172 early on in my flying career then shifted to `plastic`.

DA20's were much more consistent than those metal monstrosities!

Nice reminder how things have come on!