It would be nice to start the cleanup process. Taxi lights, lack of signage, pushback keeps missing the plane, vehicles running up and down the taxi and runways. This might take our minds off some of the larger fixes and make the sim more enjoyable.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim

It would be nice to start the cleanup process. Taxi lights, lack of signage, pushback keeps missing the plane, vehicles running up and down the taxi and runways. This might take our minds off some of the larger fixes and make the sim more enjoyable.

One would have to wonder at the competence of the developers and programmer's of MSFS.

What you are alluding to are the very basic ground requirements of a good simulator, and to

have them drag their feet for such a long period and no fixes in sight is just not acceptable.

My guess is as long as they have your money in the bank then who gives a rats ask your father.

One would have to wonder at the competence of the developers and programmer's of MSFS.

What you are alluding to are the very basic ground requirements of a good simulator, and to

have them drag their feet for such a long period and no fixes in sight is just not acceptable.

My guess is as long as they have your money in the bank then who gives a rats ask your father.

Maybe because there were larger issues to fix besides a few lights out of place or a few signs missing. Oh and BTW, MSFS has been out for only 5 months.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I think it's just that they're up to their asses in alligators.

There are so many "details" that need fixing (rivers being shown sideways on hills, cars zipping along on grass, dashboard controls missing, aircraft handling issues and on and on), and they are committed to delivering VR in December.

You can be sure that Microsoft isn't going to be willing to kick in an extra couple of million for new staff and overtime. So Asobo just plugs away at it.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Anything this complex is bound to have gremlins so I have been in no hurry to jump in allowing some time for the bugs to get worked out. Did you know that in revising and correcting errors in books for additional printing often introduces more errors than they fix. After several printings Tolkien capped the process on the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and dictated no more "fixes". We could start with the horrendous load time. I would pay more for a USB or two or three. :)
Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

I think Microsoft may have picked the wrong company to create the Sim. Should have been done in house.

Agreed.

Lost control of management and supervision. Leaving Asobo to decide what comes next is a fundamental error. `Fundamental` as in proper management control.

At least, that's how it looks from here...

The other way of putting it is they released too soon, and couldn't organise a P* up in brewery, if current assessment of their fixing capabilities is anything to go by. I expect Xbox implentation to be similarly cack.

My young friend, Flight Sims are never finished, there is always something else to add or repair. If they waited until everything was perfect you would be older than me (84) by the time it was released. I suggest that you scrounge up a copy of FS98, fly it, and compare it to FS2020 to give you a baseline for comparison. The other thing you could do is offer to give Asorbo a hand by doing your own corrections and if you feel that they are worthwhile post them for the community to use.

Gypsy

Edited by Gypsy Pilot
bad grammer

My young friend, Flight Sims are never finished, there is always something else to add or repair. If they waited until everything was perfect you would be older than me (84) by the time it was released. I suggest that you scrounge up a copy of FS98, fly it, and compare it to FS2020 to give you a baseline for comparison. The other thing you could do is offer to give Asorbo a hand by doing your own corrections and if you feel that they are worthwhile post them for the community to use.

Gypsy

the world they are creating for themselves is going to be so unforgivable and unlivable, may God have mercy on them lol I've only just survived this release of the new sim and that's an achievement in its self..... It's the best sim ever produced minus the few bugs that will go away with time......

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Gypsy

Louis CK has a terrific comedy routine on YouTube (yes he's personally kinda creepy and uses a lot of 'swear' words) but he is often hilarious and in this riff he is 100% spot on about how we live in AMAZING times but so many are still not 'happy'.

A safe for all version was on Conan many years ago -

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have flown every MSFS since 1982 (The First) Xplane and Prepar3d. This sim needs a team to clean up the smaller problems that take away from the experience. Christ the pushback can't even find the nose gear!!
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim