Glide Slope Warning Sound

beroun

Hi,

got amazing BAe 146 aircraft by Jon Murchison with Mathias Lieberecht panel. A real pleasure to fly and MANY thanks to the developers.

Just one question on the annoying Glide Slope Warning sound I get on landings even when bit under or above GS.

Have deleted the ev_glideslope sounds from both the aircraft sound file and FS sound file. Even have deleted the entry in sound.cfg:

///[GLIDESLOPE_WARNING_SOUND]

///filename=ev_glideslope

///flags=0

///viewpoint=1

///maximum_volume=9800

Also have tried different HSIs (with GS indications) in the panel.

BUT the Glide Slope warning always sounds?

Any idea what else I should delete/deactivate to get rid of this warning?

Thanks for any advise.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Thanks hgschnell, will check the modified atc.

For CRJ simpilot, this is the panel, I am using:

ml146v40.zip

The panel is from Matthias Lieberecht. I use it with RJ146 from Jon Murchison. Amazing aircraft!!

Also thought about the "glide slope" warning coming from the gauge, so have changed the HSI to no avail. Maybe another gauge does it?

As mentioned, it is not from the sound file, have deactivated all, also doubt it is ATC, I would hear it with other aircraft,

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Does the audio file sound like this or like this?

If any of these sounds match to what you're hearing, go back and reverse all you done. Go on to instruction 1 and 2.

1) Download and install Everything.exe from here: https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

2) If it's the first sound, then in Everything search for, ML_ARJv40_GPWSTest.wav. Right click and rename it ML_ARJv40_GPWSTest.wav.backup

3) If it's the second sound, then in Everything search for and rename ML_ARJv40_GS.WAV to ML_ARJv40_GS.WAV.backup

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

You're welcome.

The correct version of Everythig you want is at the top which would be the latest as of this post of 1.4.1.1000. But it depends on which type you want. Portable or the installer. Portable requires no installation. Then the other factor is whether you have a 32 bit of 64 bit OS. You can find out in many ways. The easiest would be to right click the My Computer icon and select Properties. The under System | system type it will say 64 bit or 32 bit. x86 is for a 32 bit OS, x64 is for a 64 bit OS. It's a realy handy and fast searching utility to locate files in an instant. Then with the result in the Everything results you can right click the file and chose its properties, or right click the file and go to its path, copy the file, etc. I use Everything.exe in conjunction with Notepad ++ where I can right click a file in Everything and Open With Notepad++. Though, for some reason this doesn't work on my laptop, it does on my desktop and it may be due to the version of Everything. I have to find out.

Now I said in my last post to revert your last edits. So I would do that otherwise other aircaft won't have a glideslope sound.

I think the reason why this particular aircraft has a glideslope sound that's very sensitive is because it's invoked by the sound gauge using the ini files. I don't know how to decompile a gauge file, but I'm pretty sure its code is in there and it has to be adjusted better.

PS: I mentioned to listen to both files to know which one is which. Your issue is probably just one file. The first file is the GPWS test which is probably invoked by the GPWS test button. So this file didn't need to be renamed.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot