at last it's a new dawn in flightsim world

Yes with the last update and forever tweaking the system this end, I can finally say the Joy factor is finally upon us..... I spent most of the weekend flying without any glitches and frustration levels down to zero...... Personally to get where we are today was worth all the pain and disappointment and so I can now sign off on the sim and enjoy flying again...... Every time I've flown this weekend I was amazed by the quality of the scenery in some parts of the world it's awesome and some parts are yet to be finished ..... they even fixed the laps o the 747-800 although now I'm having a love affair with the TBM ha

Photo out of icy Salt Lake for Reno

tbhiceweb.jpg

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

"Joy factor" eh? Is that the wave that came over me after all the melted candle landmarks now had detail! I think the words "F'ing COOL!" escaped my lips.

Still can't find the Hearst Castle in San Simeon, CA though.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I agree with all the above comments. There is so much to see in this sim it’s amazing. The other week on a warm sunny day, I disabled live weather for a moment & made it snow.. then went back to live weather. The snow had melted..but the ground was wet! I couldn’t believe it.

We never had details like this in previous sims.. FSX...FS9..etc

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I agree with all the above comments. There is so much to see in this sim it’s amazing. The other week on a warm sunny day, I disabled live weather for a moment & made it snow.. then went back to live weather. The snow had melted..but the ground was wet! I couldn’t believe it.

We never had details like this in previous sims.. FSX...FS9..etc

Regards

Steve

I agree 100%. Brace yourself, though -- the trolls are coming. Expect to be told that the ground isn't wet, you are!

I was close to walking away a few weeks back, so thought I would write this post for the team at ASOBO ... it was making my head spin like a roulette wheel, day in day out.... that's all in the past now, now I have time to relax and get a feel for the sim and soak up the eye candy from landscapes to stunning skyscapes..... and the detailed effects like watching the ice build-up on the airframe and windows.

personally, I think they should not have released so soon in development, but hey alls forgiven...

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I still occasionally fire up FSX to fly B720B and CV990A, but at anything below 25,000 feet, the scenery is now just not there after seeing the breathtaking scenery in MSFS FS2020! I agree, this program allows you to explore the world in a way unimagined in previous versions! I like the Diamond 40NG and the Robin!

Bonner Bowden

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I was pretty negative on this sim when I first got it. But I've found that some things were just a case of me learning things. For example, I was flying in legacy fsx mode, but I've found that most asobo planes fly better in modern mode. Also, I found that the fsx autopilot wasn't totally accurate, specially on the airliners. The scenery has always been great. There are some things that I still don't like, like lack of the multiwindow features fsx had, but overall I have a good time now that I've learned these things.

I don't have a super high end PC or the latest whiz-bang gadgets and gizmos and I am still loving every minute of this new sim. No, I don't (can't) run everything at Ultra settings and in truth have never had a CTD. The reality that I can fly to almost any destination on Earth only using the stunning visual landmarks I see in the sim (roads, buildings, topography etc) as if I were actually there in a real airplane is simply astounding to me. Kudos to Asobo et al for their continuing efforts to create a benchmark platform.... if it were 'easy' everyone would do it - lol

To those who prefer to be negative-Nellies? Play something else or create your own flight sim and let the world try its perfection. You'll be a zillionaire in short order.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I too love the Daher TBM930. Been flying it on a tour of Europe- love the Garmin 3000 too. I still suffer from occasional glitches - self starting rather than "cold an dark" main generator switch will not stay switched on to name but two. But the experience flying in MFS is superb.