P-36 Hawk

jankees

It is the old Vertigo model for FSX

Thanks Jan.

I notice that you've posted a number of shots of other aircraft in FS2020 that look like they're from FSX.

Can you convert FSX aircraft to flyable models - or know someone who does? Two of my (and lots of other simmers) favorite airplanes from FSX are the Lockheed L188 Electra and its cousin the military P3 that were developed by Team FS KBT.

Using a community conversion tool I found on the official MS FS2020 discussion forum I was able to import the visual models into FS2020 but that's as far as I can go. Here are example screenshots of the 2 aircraft visual models.

L188.jpg

P3.jpg

The airplane VC and gauges, engines, and flight controls don't work. I'm sure there's a way to get them going but it's well beyond my knowledge. Can you help? These are some of the best freeware aircraft from FSX. The visual detail as you can see from the shots is payware quality. If a way could be found to make them flyable I think it would be greatly appreciated in the community.

I also wondered if you used a converter..... The Hawk looks like a native MSFS bird..:eek::cool::cool:

I used the legacy converter for this. The process is a bit haphazard, some models convert badly, some have relatively small problems, some convert really well, like this Curtiss..

Sometimes additional work with modelconverterx solves some of your problems, but sometimes it is too complicated for me as well. I'm currently looking for solutions for too shiny windows for the Corsair and the Catalina...

Edited by jankees

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.