FSX Stutters

Skywatcher12

Turn your sim settings down until all is smmoooth!

Easy, but sadly unsatsifying

Keep tabs on my FS9 linked thread. I have done this on a default FSX as I wanted it wickedly smooth for testing. It did end up wickedly smooth and then I added in FSUIPC. BOOM! FSX Armageddon! lol

Well, not quite that bad but FSUIPC immediately introduced stutters.

Mark Daniels

Skywatcher12, what are your system specs? It is relevant to me because I do not get noticeable stutters running FSX:SE with FSUIPC 4.75 on a modern system. Like I have read from others in your FS9 thread, a 1% performance drop is expected and not a game breaker. There is always a cost to performance with each add-on active in the background. I'm sure the more FSUIPC features you disable (such as autosaving every 1 minute) the better the performance will be.

Are you in contact with Pete Dowson about this?

Jorgen

Intend to contact him on the weekend.

Skywatcher12, what are your system specs? It is relevant to me because I do not get noticeable stutters running FSX:SE with FSUIPC 4.75 on a modern system. Like I have read from others in your FS9 thread, a 1% performance drop is expected and not a game breaker. There is always a cost to performance with each add-on active in the background. I'm sure the more FSUIPC features you disable (such as autosaving every 1 minute) the better the performance will be.

I had FSX running silky smooth. I ran FSX settings well under what my system could actually handle. I wanted "undoubtedly" smooth for testing, I wasn't setting FSX up to use.

Soon as I add FSUIPC, there are stutters. Same in FS9. Same on 2 PC's. Same on 2 operating systems.

People can try it. Go to your most stuttery part of FSX and note how many stutters. Remove FSUIPC from your install, load the same situation and compare.

Mark Daniels

Intend to contact him on the weekend.

I had FSX running silky smooth. I ran FSX settings well under what my system could actually handle. I wanted "undoubtedly" smooth for testing, I wasn't setting FSX up to use.

Soon as I add FSUIPC, there are stutters. Same in FS9. Same on 2 PC's. Same on 2 operating systems.

People can try it. Go to your most stuttery part of FSX and note how many stutters. Remove FSUIPC from your install, load the same situation and compare.

No problem with mine, on either FSX or P3d. You have other problems.

Also, Pete Dowson is no longer managing FSUIPC.

Control and development is now in the hands of his son...

I have no stuttering in either FSX, P3D v. 4.5 HF3 nor in P3D v. 5.1 HF1.

It does not matter if FSUIPC is installed in any or all of these or not.

I will agree with the honored previous speaker in that you will have to look for the cause of the stuttering elsewhere.

FSUIPC-induced stuttering has not been reported in the P3D user forums.

Jorgen