What is photogrammetry?

Hi I see some scenery add-ons are considered "photogrammetry", while some others are considered "landmarks", and maybe there are more types.

I'm not quite clear about the differences. Could someone please explain?

(Sorry if this may seem too obvious to some, but it is not to me, and I think the only stupid questions are those which are not asked).

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I may be wrong, but photogrammetry is the use of photgraphic ground textures such as Google or Bing maps. As Google maps can be built in to 3d terrain, it's used for many of the addons we see. Landmarks on the other hand are models or objects that are stored in a library and inserted in to the sim over the terrain so can be present whether photogrametric textures are on or off. If I'm wrong, someone will be along to correct me.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Photogrammetry as it applies to MSFS is the use of photos to generate 3D models. Rather than having someone sit down and accurately model each and every individual building and house, companies like Google and Microsoft will use the hundreds or thousands of aerial and street level photos to automatically generate the models. It can also be applied to smaller objects as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry#3D_modeling

These models can then be placed on top of the underlying satellite and aerial imagery.

Thank you very much for your replies.

I may be wrong, but I conclude photogrammetry is then an automated system for building 3D models, while landmarks might be considered more "handcrafted", somehow close to CAD and allowing for better detail. Does this make sense?

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Sounds about right to me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx