Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FS9 Myth Busting - Stutters!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    They are all communicating with the FS core in one way or another.
    Yeah, probably through FSUIPC so maybe your issue is in one of the "hero .dlls" that don't cause stutters when FSUIPC is disabled (and also don't work without FSUIPC)? When you disable FSUIPC don't forget that you're also disabling anything that needs FSUIPC to work.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    So I just flew for about 20 minutes in FS2004 around Seattle at night in a Cessna with the frames locked to 25 and I saw no stutter once so ever. This is in Windows 7 using the unregistered version of FSUIPC.
    Many didn't see stutters in the promo vids for MSFS despite being loaded with them. Micro stutters take a keen eye but become noticeable after while.

I did the test and it didnt take 20 mins. more like 1 min. With and without FSUIPC. Instantly micro stutters with FSUIPC installed.

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Many didn't see stutters in the promo vids for MSFS despite being loaded with them. Micro stutters take a keen eye but become noticeable after while.
    That's a real problem here, some aren't all that observant.

How someone can have an argument across multiple posts and then have no idea who he even had the argument with is beyond me.
    He gets a thread immediately locked after making the post below, leaves all future readers of the thread thinking that Skywatcher12 must be a terrible person as I did not have a chance to reply before it got locked.
    The first time I have ever mentioned Titanic on this forum is in the sentence! lol
    I did read the particular thread in question but can't recall the argument details. I'm curious what he does when he hears someone use the phrase, "It'll sink like the Titanic"
    He must go off in a complete rage! haha
    Back to topic, just wanted to post this somewhere to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Oh, I think you are much more famous than I am. What really makes me angry, is when someone like yourself uses a tragedy such as the Titanic sinking with 1400 drowned, including children who were trapped in steerage, as a source of humor. I guess this is just a case of my not appreciating that there is "another answer". Well, that would certainly be true. I plead guilty.
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 11-30-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Yeah, probably through FSUIPC so maybe your issue is in one of the "hero .dlls" that don't cause stutters when FSUIPC is disabled (and also don't work without FSUIPC)? When you disable FSUIPC don't forget that you're also disabling anything that needs FSUIPC to work.
    It works on Win XP without issue???
    Mark Daniels

WOW! I posted on Peter's forum and the topic is already closed. I have ZERO and I mean absolute ZERO, ZERO, ZERO doubt FSUIPC causes stutters in FS9 and almost certainly in FSX and P3D.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91...uipc-stutters/

There was no opportunity to explain or provide any further evidence.

It is such a shame we have this sort of attitude in this community. You can always discount one user but you can't discount multiple users who can all verify the same issue. I didn't have the opportunity to demonstrate this.

It is these types of attitudes that will end any popularity of PC flight simulation. Stuttering stops people wanting to play games. These old sims will suffer from stutters forever. The other sim options are X-Plane which isn't a sim we all want to flock too and MSFS is hardly a sim replacement for any of the older sims. It can best be described as a buggy arcade Bing maps simulator.

It's a shame when the solid simulators of the past are being ignored. The future simulators aren't up to the task. People will simply head to other games/genres. I know I will.

Really disappointing.
    Mark Daniels

PC flight simulation is at the beginning of the end imo. Here is a snippet of the opening sentence of a long and frustrated post made elsewhere:

I am giving MSFS a rest for a while now. I have no other sim to go back to, and I won't reinstall FSX, X-Plane, or P3D as it just isn't worth the time and trouble. So this isn't one of those 'I'm going back to...' posts that I detest so much myself.

I knew MSFS would be a disaster as soon as it was announced.
    I knew there would be bugs and issues galore before it was released.
    I knew there would be a fanbase of hopeful simmers after release.
    I knew the post I have quoted above from a hopeful simmer would eventually come.
    I know in time MSFS will no longer be an option for serious flight simulation.
    The last statement just needs more time.

We need to hold on to and keep these old sims alive because they will be the future. Unfortunately MSFS will do more damage than good and some simmers as the one I quoted above, such simmers may leave the hobby and be lost forever. It really is the beginning of the end.

That people turn their backs on keeping the old sims alive so quickly blows my mind. Everyone from websites owners to developers.

We bring our own demise. Laugh now but I hope people find this post in 2025-2030. I think you may agree but by then it will be too late.

Edit: Full thread from the quote above here for anyone who wants to read it. I haven't read it yet myself.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...eur-seriously/
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 12-04-2020 at 07:36 PM.
    Mark Daniels

For you the glass is 3/4 empty. For us the glass is 3/4 full. It's just the way we look at things. Enjoy what you enjoy and leave the rest alone.

WOW! I posted on Peter's forum and the topic is already closed. I have ZERO and I mean absolute ZERO, ZERO, ZERO doubt FSUIPC causes stutters in FS9 and almost certainly in FSX and P3D.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91...uipc-stutters/

There was no opportunity to explain or provide any further evidence.

It is such a shame we have this sort of attitude in this community. You can always discount one user but you can't discount multiple users who can all verify the same issue. I didn't have the opportunity to demonstrate this.

It is these types of attitudes that will end any popularity of PC flight simulation. Stuttering stops people wanting to play games. These old sims will suffer from stutters forever. The other sim options are X-Plane which isn't a sim we all want to flock too and MSFS is hardly a sim replacement for any of the older sims. It can best be described as a buggy arcade Bing maps simulator.

It's a shame when the solid simulators of the past are being ignored. The future simulators aren't up to the task. People will simply head to other games/genres. I know I will.

Really disappointing.
    This is because they don't want to promote needless conspiracy theories and that he already answered your question. Especially how he stated that an unregistered version doesn't do anything.

When I get time I'll register my version seen as how it's now free for FS9 and do a video. Again, I have yet to ever see the slightest in a stutter. If I ever did it was do to other factors like texture loading or what ever.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Please post your computer hardware specs.

Do you monkey with the video settings? What about that Nvidea utility who's name I can't remember?
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

You seem so certain. Are you aware of the architectural differences between FSUIPC3, FSUIPC4 (especially with FSX SP1+), FSUIPC5/6 and FSUIPC7 in terms of how they communicate with the simulators - they are all different in certain, significant ways.

If you are convinced that all versions of FSUIPC cause these micro-stutters, then it needs to be something completely separate from the simulator interface - what is it, then?

Pete likely locked your post because you came in with an abundance of certainty and accusations that were inversely proportional to your knowledge of FSUIPC. The internet is full of people with theories.

Luke

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast