Justflight traffic360 - repaints?

pomak249

Now thats an old AI package!

I still use this little gem but the textures are a bit dated now and I wondered if any of the 3rd party repaints out there can be used in Traffic360 or are the JustFlight textures it employs unique in style?

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Do you have the boxed DVD or did you download it?

Here is a link to update it to version 1.09 anyways...

https://support.justflight.com/en/support/solutions/articles/17000067326-traffic-360-dvd-users-only-changelog

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi dogdish thanks for that but its an old update despite being dated Aug 2020 - no idea why they have reissued it?

I wish I knew how to do repaints but its a dark art to me!!!

I know in WoAI you can replace textures with newer ones but I think the JustFlight textures dont follow any of the 3rd party designs?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

OK, did not know if you had the patch or not.

Your correct, JustFlight uses their own inhouse AI models. In my opinion they are the best because they had more models including military populating all the airforce bases, ect. All liveries were real world with the exception of American Airlines, and there was always somebody making replacements for the generic liveries. I have that saved on my backup drive.

The Ultimate Traffic series used off the shelf AI models from various guys like The Fruit Stand. You can find several newer liveries for them.

AI programs identify the AI models/liveries by looking at the "title=" inside the aircraft.cfg, so you could actually replace them with another model and livery if you change the "title=" to match EXACTLY. Then Traffic 360 would work with what ever you replaced without having to recompile .BGL files and use the existing flightplan. If you only have a few AI models you want to change, this would be simple to do.

I would rather just BUY AI programs then mess around with all the details. So it might be worth it to just get the latest Traffic Global from JustFlight and EVERYTHING would be refreshed.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Cheers dogdish i hadnt considered the actual model substitution so i will give that a go! I checked Traffic Global but it has a myriad of issues according to JF forums? Ive always found 360 very stable.

Hi dogdish would I not have to edit the 'model' folder too? and the model.cfg? and also the 'texture=' line in the aircraft.cfg?

Obviously you would have to use a livery compatible to the model, otherwise it would show up un-textured in FSX. I meant complete replacement model and texture.

If your going to experiment, try a single livery model first. Move the existing aircraft folder somewhere safe so you can restore it back.

I would name the replacement aircraft folder the same as the original. Then as mentioned, just change the "title=" and nothing else. Then test to see if you can see the model when you run FSX.

I would rather just BUY AI programs then mess around with all the details. So it might be worth it to just get the latest Traffic Global from JustFlight and EVERYTHING would be refreshed.

Just so that you are aware the Traffic Global (TG) product currently does not contain Military based models and flight plans.....whether they intend to do so a later stage is unknown - haven't been to the dedicated TG forum page for a while so that may be place to check if they intend to.

A very good alternative for Mil based AI is Military Ai Works (MAIW - see HERE) - originally MAIW offered only FS2004 based stuff (most of which worked well in FSX once the flightplans had been converted) but they now produce many FSX/P3D conversion packs for older stuff and now offer most new items in FS2004/FSX/P3D.

You have to register to be able to download (its free) but you can browse the site without registering to see whats on offer.....

Edited by longbreak754
Correct typo

Regards

Brian

Thank Brian,

Of course I was mentioning the Military traffic in Traffic 360. But glad you mentioned it for Traffic Global.

I checked their forum and found this...

@Rich

Hi

have you any plans of implementing military AI aircraft in Traffic Global, and perhaps let them operate from airports with "ab" in there name

Ole

Not as part of the program but it may be something for a PlusPak in the future.

I need a AI program myself for P3D v5.1. I have Ultimate Traffic Live, but waiting for a official update that they said would be free for existing customers. Or was considering Traffic Global myself. Since no Military, guess I'll just wait for UTL P3D v5.1

Hi dogdish it came to me after i had posted - just couldnt figure it out at the time! :-)

BTW, if you have A2A 3D Lights Redux...

...Or don't mind buying it ($14.99 USD), I made a tool to quickly add the 3D lights to all the Traffic 360 AI aircraft that really transforms your sim (Also did my Ultimate Traffic Live). It works by looking for the default FSX lights (NAV, Beacon, Strobe, Landing, Taxi) and replaces them with the A2A 3D lights.

Look for...

a2a_shockwave_3d_lights_redux_aircraft_cfg_installer_macro.zip

in the FlightSim library.