Trainee issue

Third lesson, Take off. Did it ok and no problems but I wasn't't too steady so U thought I'd have another go.

! First issue..... The instrument panel is too dark. Anyway to brighten it up? I can pull the view down, but that gives me limited Visio on the runway.

Second Issue......The instructor keeps bringing me back to the start line ion the runway because, either I am too far down the runway, or I have not enough speed.

Third issue, I can get over 100knots on the airspeed indicator and , just as I think I am airborne, the instructor says I have not got enough speed and returns me to base!

I believe my brakes are fully off and I have not enabled any flaps.

My controller is the Thrustmaster Airbus edition.

Thanks you

Derek McBride

Instinct is the nose of the mind with the assistance of:-

AMD RYZEN 3 3600/16Gb RAM@1330Hz/ASROCK B450 Gaming K4/ATI RADEON RX 508/Samsung C49 RG9x and 953GbADATA Sx8200 SSD

Sounds like the lesson is faulty. Leave the lessons, load the same plane at the same airport. If you're in the 152 with elevator trim neutral the plane will take off at 50 to 60 knots by itself without any flaps.
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

No flaps on takeoff?? You no gonna fly! :eek:

That's aircraft dependent, Charlie. With a Cessna or a Bonanza the normal takeoff is without flaps. Jet airliners may need flaps, but a J-3 Cub doesn't even have any flaps.

But if one is training, it should be in a light aircraft to start, perhaps a Cessna or a Piper.

I can pull the view down, but that gives me limited Visio on the runway.

For the most part you should be looking out the windshield for takeoff, maybe an occasional very quick glance at the airspeed indicator but otherwise keep your head up, look outside.

I can get over 100knots on the airspeed indicator and , just as I think I am airborne, the instructor says I have not got enough speed and returns me to base!

An aircraft that is still on the ground at 100 kts is not suitable for initial training.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!