Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Update 3: UK

Well flying up the NE coast of Scotland, from Inverness to Wick where there should be cliffs, in places you just get the field pattern falling down into the sea.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    I was going to get the Drzewiecki Design - Washington Landmarks but decided to wait until they updated the President. Now looks like with latest ASOBO Washington D.C update it doesn't even seem necessary.
    Somebody on Flight Sim 2020 Forum did a comparison, and they said the Drzewiecki Washington DC Landmarks mod was more detailed than the new U.S. World update, and had more major landmark buildings (can't remember which ones now).

Their recommendation was that if you frequently fly low over Washington DC and are looking for as much eye candy as possible, the Drzewiecki mod was probably worth the investment, in particular if you are familiar with DC and are looking for specific structures. Drzewiecki has also dropped the price down to $10.99 now, so I picked it up the other day, but haven't flown over it yet.

Originally the White House had no columns and the Washington Memorial looked like a glass office building Since it got updated, I'm happy with the default scenery.

Besides, until they update the package after January 20, 2021, I don't want it. Otherwise your MSFS will be subject to Squattergate!
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Besides, until they update the package after January 20, 2021, I don't want it. Otherwise your MSFS will be subject to Squattergate!
    Along with you, the rest of us are just Biden our time LOL
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

“Along with you, the rest of us are just Biden our time LOL“

Yes, very good Tim.
    How long have you been waiting to use that one?

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

It feels like forever, but I'm just saying' what most others are thinking LOL.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    I also wonder if they coordinate at all with developers? Until there's complete photogrammetry for the entire world I'm sure there will be plenty of room for third parties, but it could still be an issue if third party efforts get undercut by these world updates.
    I think this is an essential matter, one that seriously requires to be looked into.

In the meanwhile, could someone please let me know if add-on scenery does always override default scenery for the same area, or they are both shown simultaneously (i.e. they conflict), or that's something yo can select at will?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

I watched a video on YouTube back in August, showing how the Orbx London landmarks addon replaced some of the default landmarks with awful looking ones.. so I guess addon scenery does overwrite default scenery.
    Mind you.. it might be a case of the newest scenery replaces the old.. so the UK update in January might replace any UK addon scenery, but it’d be a case of reinstalling the addon?

ps. I understand Orbx corrected their landmarks addon, but I haven’t bought it so can’t confirm

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 11-29-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Quote Originally Posted by danbiosca View Post
    ...In the meanwhile, could someone please let me know if add-on scenery does always override default scenery for the same area, or they are both shown simultaneously (i.e. they conflict), or that's something yo can select at will?

Thanks in advance, best regards.
    I posed this question (Under my alter ego Mach 2) at ORBX Forum...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...d-orbxs-addon/

FSX would prioritize scenery by being listed higher in the scenery.cfg, not sure how MSFS works. But sounds like they coexist together from what is said in the above thread. Maybe the replacement scenery can remove elements?
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I posed this question (Under my alter ego Mach 2) at ORBX Forum...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...d-orbxs-addon/

FSX would prioritize scenery by being listed higher in the scenery.cfg, not sure how MSFS works. But sounds like they coexist together from what is said in the above thread. Maybe the replacement scenery can remove elements?
    Ok, and what is your personal experience? (provided you've got LOWI installed or any other duplicity, of course.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast