The very early fanjets

plainsman

A few shots in FSX from the Historic Jetliners Group.

I fondly remember a Ports of Call CV990A which was always parked at Denver Stapleton. I know it was a calamity for the company, but it still has to be one of the most handsome airliners ever built, and still a speed demon!

The 720B never got a lot of attention, but it was also a fast haul. Not as handsome as the 990A, it is a great example of the technology of the day!

CV990A-1.jpg

CV990A-2.jpg

CV990A-3.jpg

720-1.jpg

720-2.jpg

720-3.jpg

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Great look at some early jet action! Thanks for posting. :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, Convair went narrow and fast while the market went wide.

The other problem for the 990A, on coast to coast flights west bound, the flights sometimes had to divert due to low fuel. That sort of spoiled the 15-30 minute advantage they enjoyed in flight time.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU