CH Products problems, specifically Yoke

Hi there. Question to all you out there who use the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke.

Are any of you having any problems having the Auto Pilot hold the flight plan?

I usually handle all the start up, taxi, take off, initial climb to cruising altitude and then switch on Auto. It will hold it for a few mins but then the next thing I know is Im in a right hand turn (always). The Auto never disengages and I have to swing it back on course. Left alone it will eventually start a spiraling turn down and impact.

Thought it might be my addon's so I took them out. Still happened. Unplugged the Yoke and Rudders and then went back to my 18 year old Sidewinder 2 FFB joystick and it didnt happen. Gradually added back in the addons with Sidewinder still active, no issues. This morning I added the rudder pedals with Sidewinder and no issues. Took out the rudder pedals and sidewinder and used the Yoke and same right turn and slam into the ground.

Ive cleaned the Yoke and it "feels" like its centered both horizontally and vertically axis wise. When taxiing on the ground it doesnt wander off course, stays straight and true.

Just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same thing. Granted these CH Products are 10+ years old so it might be times for a new set up but the MS Sidewinder FFB is still going strong.

Thoughts and thanks!!!

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Thanks Dog. Ya, I know its part of the sim not the controller but its just odd that it won't hold it and its only with that product. I was planning on getting the Honeycomb Yoke so it appears that will be coming sooner rather than later.

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

Hi there. Question to all you out there who use the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke.

Are any of you having any problems having the Auto Pilot hold the flight plan?

Autopilot is a function of the sim, not the controller. If the potentiometers in the yoke are malfunctioning, could kick the Autopilot off.

The 2 potentiometers for X/Y axis (5 if you include the T,P,M) inside can be replaced to renew it. Or there are kits to replace them with digital versions for more accuracy.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks Dog. Ya, I know its part of the sim not the controller but its just odd that it won't hold it and its only with that product. I was planning on getting the Honeycomb Yoke so it appears that will be coming sooner rather than later.

LOL sorry Dis, I needed to edit my post and ended up behind yours.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I have the CH Flight Sim Yoke and CH Pro Pedals, and I've had this issue which I've fixed now.

Firstly, I calibrate mine regularly with the Windows 10 Game Controllers app which you can launch by typing joy.cpl into the search window on the taskbar.

In the MSFS Option/Controls screen, I have set the Sensitivity to -50% with a dead zone of 10% on elevator, aileron and rudder axis. It's the dead zone which is vital to stop the right turn.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have the CH Flight Sim Yoke and CH Pro Pedals, and I've had this issue which I've fixed now.

Firstly, I calibrate mine regularly with the Windows 10 Game Controllers app which you can launch by typing joy.cpl into the search window on the taskbar.

In the MSFS Option/Controls screen, I have set the Sensitivity to -50% with a dead zone of 10% on elevator, aileron and rudder axis. It's the dead zone which is vital to stop the right turn.

Thanks for this Tiger. I will try this now. I appreciate the responses ya'll.

So I went into the system and calibrated, next thing I hear is boing and then a bunch of stuff rattling in there. Took it apart. The right side cable screw had unseated and the cable wasnt attached. Reattached cleaned up inside, calibrated and then did the deadzone and sensitivity thing and Viola, flying with Auto on isnt a problem anymore.

Again, thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it!

You're very welcome! My CH Yoke had the original springs when I bought it (secondhand) and they squeaked and pinged and made all kinds of racket. PDQ I googled "CH yoke modification" and changed them for rubber bands as shown in this video:
all is peace and quiet now!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I don't have the CH Yoke, I have the Honeycomb and been using it for almost a month now. I love it.

While watching a video that was just released by Honeycomb a couple of days ago, regarding their new partnership with Microsoft, I noticed a lot of Honeycomb hate posts. These folks were saying that the Alpha yoke had a 10 deg heading bug that it becomes evident when flying with a G1000.

I joined the conversation and was instructed by two people on how to replicate this so called "bug."

I got off the chat, fired up my FS and after three attempts to replicate the "bug" I was unable to replicate it. I google the issue and it took me over to another forum where I learnt that there is even a "paid" app that corrects the "issue", which according to these people, it is caused by the switch design in the Honeycomb. One guy told me "I have to turn all the switches off and the heading will only turn 1 deg at a time, and once I turn the battery switch to the on position, everything is back to normal. At this point I was laughing because what difference does it makes if it behaves that way, because the only time all my switches are in the off position is when I am done flying the simulator. Maybe someone in this forum who has the Honeycomb can tell us if there is actually a design flaw in the Yoke or if that is some form of fake news that they are spreading? To me , if there is such a "bug", it can not be a hardware issue. By the way, there were lots of other Honeycomb users who like myself, never experienced any issues. As far as the CH, I believe that this last FS update had some info about the CH controllers, and new presets for the new Honeycomb quadrant. I don't remember what it said, look it up.

Gil

Edited by SpookyDiver

• 1 month later...
I have the older CH flight sim yoke and rudder pedals. Do I need drivers for Win 10. Cant seem to get the sim to recognize the yoke. Haven't tried pedals yet. Still working on the yoke. I see some posts saying don't use the CH control manager also.

I have the older CH flight sim yoke and rudder pedals. Do I need drivers for Win 10. Cant seem to get the sim to recognize the yoke. Haven't tried pedals yet. Still working on the yoke. I see some posts saying don't use the CH control manager also.

When I plugged the CH Products into the computer, I heard the noise that it makes when a new device is added.

It sensed them in MSFS but I had to do all the mapping of the controls which is a royal pain in the ass.

I have since upgraded to the Honeycomb yoke, a Logitech Throttle and Rudder Pedal set and all of them were mapped ready to go out of the box which was awesome.