Thread: Live weather: Is it working?

Default Live weather: Is it working?

Hi everyone,

I am not sure that Live Weather is working correctly as I am running FS2020.

If my first flight of the day is in a place with storms, then yes I see a storm on the runway. But if I close that flight and go elsewhere in the world where one of my weather apps shows an ongoing storm, then I don't think that I am encountering weather different from clear skies.

Right now I am flying in the northern part of the Gulf of Alaska. My weather app clearly shows a major weather disturbance there. But I don't see it as I look out of the window of my King Air 350i. I am toggling Live Weather versus Clear Skies, and I don't see anything changing. If I choose any other weather condition -- Few Clouds, Scattered Clouds, and so on -- then the weather situation instantly reflects my choice. But I don't see any difference between Live Weather and Clear Skies.

Am I doing something wrong, please?

Thank you.

Stanley
    Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X
    Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Same thing here. Seems like since the last update.

Rockcliffe2 Guest

While the snow was piling up outside my door in Ottawa this week, MSFS Live Weather was giving me clear skies and a balmy 15 C.

Had similar issues, no matter what preset i used i ended up with blue skies. Did a reinstall, problem solved. Every preset works now.