Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for a newbie friendly forum for MFSM2020 where questions do get answered

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    I think the view count for the threads in the Newcomers forum isn't entirely accurate. When I open your thread and scroll down it shows that only 7 people, including myself just now, have read it. The newcomers forum often seems to be the first stop for spammers and others looking for ways to spam the forums. We typically remove the spam threads before they are seen, but I suspect this is related to the abnormally high view counts. Compare the view counts to the MSFS forum here.

As to why no one has answered your thread, there can be many reasons, some of which were listed above. Many here are pretty good about giving answers where they can, but not everyone has the time to answer all threads, or sees all of them. Or new threads bump the old ones down the page, and eventually off the first page. Or it simply is something that no one has run into or has an answer for. I certainly don't think it's because people aren't friendly.
    Hi Loki.

If I get pulled over by a Cop and he is not friendly, I don't blame the entire Police force because of one or few that are bad. If I go to a Restaurant and the waitress/waiter is rude to us, I don't blame the restaurant, I go back and sit at another table. If someone of a different race/color/national origin/Sex orientation, religion. whatever the case do me wrong, I don't blame the rest of them because if I do, I could be accused of being a racist, a homophobic and everything else, and it would be a valid accusation. I like to try new food before I say I don't like it, because now that I am older and savvy, I realize I missed a lot of good food in my life just because it looked bad. I know one thing for sure now, I don't belong here because I am not in the click. I will just limit myself to read the "news" side and the Editorial write ups which I greatly enjoy.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Thank you MR Zippy for the link.

First post I see is from the Moderator: "How to deal with a user whose posts you can't tolerate" LOL!

I guess I just stay away from forums and stick to my "real world" friends
    Last edited by SpookyDiver; 11-25-2020 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyDiver View Post
    The title says it all. The only posts that have replies here are the ones that are either bashing MS or Asobo or comments to published articles. If you are a newbie ands ask any questions about the Sim, the post gets hundreds if not thousands of views, but nobody take the time to reply. I guess it goes back to an article that was published here a while back about the state of the community. We are not flying the friendly skies anymore.
    If you know of a link to a good FS forum for newbies, just put it on the reply. Thank you!
    Friendly forum for MSFS?, but you'll find more answers here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ USE THE SEARCH OPTION PLEASE
    according to your problem or question.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...ight-Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by howlak View Post
    Friendly forum for MSFS?, but you'll find more answers here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ USE THE SEARCH OPTION PLEASE
    according to your problem or question.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...ight-Simulator
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sfojimbo View Post
    Every question I've asked has been answered.

Here's a new question: I want to add a second monitor so that I can always have the cockpit view available. tomorrow lots of monitors go on sale.

I'm now using a GTX 1080 Ti video card which has one HDMI port and three display ports. I'm using the HDMI to feed my current monitor which is only HDMI. My MB chipset has an HDMI output that is unused.

How shall I go about this?
    As far as I know, there's no way to have the cockpit view, and an external view, displayed at the same time, either on one screen, or on separate monitors. That's one thing I dislike the most about msfs 2200.

Here is a link that might help you.
    https://www.fs2000.org/2020/08/28/fs...-with-tbm-930/
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks Larry for your reply. I had a simple question about the GPS 3000 in the TBM 930, and all I wanted to know was if it was a bug or if I was doing it wrong. I wasn't asking anything really stupid.
    In the case of the TBM930, if I noted the post at all, I probably would not have read it because I don't have MSFS2020 or know anything about the TBM930 or about the GPS3000. On rare occasions I get curious and might read something like that, but still couldn't answer it unless it turned out to be sufficiently generic that I had an available answer.

Note that the newcomer forum isn't sim specific, so there might be questions there about any sim, or even just about specific details of flying in general, so there are lots of us who peruse that forum and generally only answer posts that are in our area of knowledge. So that might account for a number of reads with few or no answers.

As to friendly, Nels is careful who he chooses as moderators, so flightsim.com remains a fairly friendly place, especially compared to so many other places.

As far as complaints about a sim, you might be surprised how many sim developers peruse this site and sometimes those complaints (if they're truly valid) result eventually in changes to the sim. I know for a fact that was true of Microsoft's ACES team back in the days of FSX and previous sims, and I expect that it still is true today.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyDiver View Post
    I know one thing for sure now, I don't belong here because I am not in the click. I will just limit myself to read the "news" side and the Editorial write ups which I greatly enjoy.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.
    I'm sorry you feel that way and disagree that this forum is any less friendly than others. My post was trying to point that sometimes threads don't go answered for plenty of reasons that don't involve you not being in some clique. As Larry mentions, many of us will read most, if not all, new threads but if we don't know the answer, then we will move on to the next one. And sometimes the people who do know the answer simply don't see your thread because they didn't visit the forum that day and it dropped out of sight before their next visit. Nothing to do with people seeing "SpookyDriver" as the author and saying to themselves "he's not one of us" and ignoring it. I've started threads that got plenty of views but no comments too.

Spookydriver & shb7, thanks for responding:

I have ordered a 23" monitor which has a DP, so I'm set for hardware.

But I'm dismayed by shb7's post, I guess I can't do what I want to do. Not having the instrument panel view available is a real handicap when flying.

So, to make the best of what I have, can I use the second screen to display a map, Skyvector, Google Earth or something like that? Are there any other innovative uses for a second screen?

Quote Originally Posted by sfojimbo View Post
    Spookydriver & shb7, thanks for responding:

I have ordered a 23" monitor which has a DP, so I'm set for hardware.

But I'm dismayed by shb7's post, I guess I can't do what I want to do. Not having the instrument panel view available is a real handicap when flying.

So, to make the best of what I have, can I use the second screen to display a map, Skyvector, Google Earth or something like that? Are there any other innovative uses for a second screen?
    sfojimbo, You can still move any of the panels in your plane's dash that can be detached to the second monitor. I believe you have to hold your ALT key and move your mouse over the panel, for example the GPS, and click on it and then drag it to the second screen. There is even software available that allows you to move those panels onto a tablet (I've done that for testing and it worked.) I have several out of service Android phones that I use as tablets and have them set up above my yoke. I run an app called FS Map tool on one of them that shows my plane over a live Google Map so I know exactly where I am and gives other info such as your speed, heading and altitude. There is also a plugin that does the same on your pc (VFRmap?) that uses Open Maps instead of Google. I use a second phone for flight calculations and a tablet for quick access to Airport and other data.
    I know this is more information that you ask, but I figure I can give you some ideas since most people have old cell phones in their homes that could be put back to use.
    One last thing, I read somewhere that MSFS will support multiple monitors in the near future, I think it's in their roadmap. Take care.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast