I am looking for a newbie friendly forum for MFSM2020 where questions do get answered

The title says it all. The only posts that have replies here are the ones that are either bashing MS or Asobo or comments to published articles. If you are a newbie ands ask any questions about the Sim, the post gets hundreds if not thousands of views, but nobody take the time to reply. I guess it goes back to an article that was published here a while back about the state of the community. We are not flying the friendly skies anymore.

If you know of a link to a good FS forum for newbies, just put it on the reply. Thank you!

Can't speak for others but the last 4 times I have helped someone on this forum have not received a thanks or even an acknowledgement. Totally ignored.

This was from members with posts behind them. I find members with one post or just a few, very often never come back after their question. I have long since ignored newbies on every forum for this reason.

Sorry this does not help but stating how I see things and at least I'm honest about it.

Mark Daniels

Skywatcher just turned SENIOR CONGRATS!
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

What question was ignored? I look down and every thread has a reply except one. That post was just pointing out an observation, not a post asking for help.

I specifically took the time to not only explain how to assign a tail number to a newbie, I took a screen shot to show him specifically how to find the needed input. What more do you WANT????

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Can't speak for others but the last 4 times I have helped someone on this forum have not received a thanks or even an acknowledgement. Totally ignored.

This was from members with posts behind them. I find members with one post or just a few, very often never come back after their question. I have long since ignored newbies on every forum for this reason.

Sorry this does not help but stating how I see things and at least I'm honest about it.

That is a big pet peeve of mine. If I ask a question and I know someone takes the time out of their lives to answer it I have always thanked them for their attempt at helping me. Don't understand why some others don't do that.

Oh WOW!

I don't look at that ever but maybe now I'll get along better with some of the other members...or maybe not...lol

Way to go, Mark, CONGRATS on being a Senior now!!! It also drives me crazy when members ask, sometimes plead for help, you go out of the way to help them and never see a reply. Oh well, I hear you loud and clear!

Rick !! :cool:

Edited by Nels_Anderson

Skywatcher just turned SENIOR CONGRATS!

Way to go, Mark, CONGRATS on being a Senior now!!! It also drives me crazy when members ask, sometimes plead for help, you go out of the way to help them and never see a reply. Oh well, I hear you loud and clear!

Rick !! :cool:

And THANKS for the congrats!

Rick, I not long ago PM'd a guy an over 1 gig file I uploaded to help him out. Contents would've saved him hours and hours of work with fixes that he almost certainly wasn't even capable of ever doing himself. Heck, he wasn't even capable of using the unfixed files on his own that's why I uploaded the file for him WITH additional fixes. It was install away, nothing more to do!

Nothing back from him...nada...blows my mind! lol

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

One other reason occurs to me. While it doesn't account for all failures to answer, this sim is so new that sometimes no one knows the answer, especially with all the weird happenings after an update.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Rick, I not long ago PM'd a guy an over 1 gig file I uploaded to help him out. Contents would've saved him hours and hours of work with fixes that he almost certainly wasn't even capable of ever doing himself. Heck, he wasn't even capable of using the unfixed files on his own that's why I uploaded the file for him WITH additional fixes. It was install away, nothing more to do!

Mark - Here's one that got me! The plead'd for someone to build him an Airbus A380 in the Cathay Pacific livery. I tried to find one, but couldn't but I offered the below as a way he could piece one together, gave him the links, everything which he could get himself, the aircraft he was wanting so badly! Never heard another word back from him!

Okay, here are the pieces you will need;

Base Model file: PA380_HOUSE.ZIP file size: 68,677,800

Repaint file: b_lsa.zip (see pic below) file size: 64,255,790

Click image for larger version.

Name: B-LSA_texture.B-LSA_thumbnail.jpg

Views: 65

Size: 109.0 KB

ID: 214612

Both files are in this site's library. Good luck! It's about the only way you are going to get your

Airbus A380 with the Cathay Pacific livery!

Mark - Here's one that got me! The guy plead'd for someone to build him an Airbus A380 in the Cathay Pacific livery. I tried to find one, but couldn't but I offered the below as a way he could piece one together, gave him the links, everything which he could get himself, the aircraft he was wanting so badly! Never heard another word back from him!

Okay, here are the pieces you will need;

Base Model file: PA380_HOUSE.ZIP file size: 68,677,800

Repaint file: b_lsa.zip (see pic below) file size: 64,255,790

Click image for larger version.

Name: B-LSA_texture.B-LSA_thumbnail.jpg

Views: 65

Size: 109.0 KB

ID: 214612

Both files are in this site's library. Good luck! It's about the only way you are going to get your

Airbus A380 with the Cathay Pacific livery!

The title says it all. The only posts that have replies here are the ones that are either bashing MS or Asobo or comments to published articles. If you are a newbie ands ask any questions about the Sim, the post gets hundreds if not thousands of views, but nobody take the time to reply. I guess it goes back to an article that was published here a while back about the state of the community. We are not flying the friendly skies anymore.

If you know of a link to a good FS forum for newbies, just put it on the reply. Thank you!

I've looked at other forums, and, like it or not, this one seems to be the best.

Every question I've asked has been answered.

Here's a new question: I want to add a second monitor so that I can always have the cockpit view available. tomorrow lots of monitors go on sale.

I'm now using a GTX 1080 Ti video card which has one HDMI port and three display ports. I'm using the HDMI to feed my current monitor which is only HDMI. My MB chipset has an HDMI output that is unused.

How shall I go about this?

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I am 65 years old, retired and one of the things I take pride of is my good manners, something my parents taught me and I passed on to my kids. I am always very thankful when someone takes their time to help me with an issue, but I understand your point, something about these new generation, millenniums or whatever you want to call it. Is hard to find someone willing to help another in need and and someone that will acknowledge with a simple thank you. It is not just on the forums, it is also a fact of life. Appreciate your honesty, but I wish you would have given me the chance to prove that I am worth of your time.

Take care and Happy Holidays.

Not need to use caps with me. Your answer to my post is not accurate. Find my simple question, it is right here, on this site. It was viewed 5667 times and not a simple reply, not one. I wrote the post in a very polite way, making it clear that I was a newbie and that I just wanted clarification on a GPS system. Just like you didn't see my original post, I suggest you go back and see how many other posts are going unanswered here. Facts.

10-30-2020, 05:37 PM

SpookyDiver started a thread GPD on TBM 930 not working properly? in Newcomer Services

Sorry I meant to say GPS not GPD 8) Hi everyone. First of all, I am not a Pilot (too old for that) 8( I have been having issues while navigating...

see more

0 replies | 5767 view(s)

Peace

Edited by SpookyDiver

Thanks Larry for your reply. I had a simple question about the GPS 3000 in the TBM 930, and all I wanted to know was if it was a bug or if I was doing it wrong. I wasn't asking anything really stupid.

5767 views later and no answer? Right there where my post is look up and down the page and you will see many others in a similar situation. By the replies I am reading here I can see that I can not expect any help from anyone, because at one time or another those people never received a thank you for their time. While I see their point and appreciate their honesty, I can not understand the reason of being in a public forum if you are not willing to help anyone.

This article that was published here explains it a lot better than I can.

Happy Holidays.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21389-Op-Ed-What-Happened-to-the-Flight-Sim-Community

Here's a new question: I want to add a second monitor so that I can always have the cockpit view available. tomorrow lots of monitors go on sale.

I'm now using a GTX 1080 Ti video card which has one HDMI port and three display ports. I'm using the HDMI to feed my current monitor which is only HDMI. My MB chipset has an HDMI output that is unused.

How shall I go about this? Tomorrow lots of monitors go on sale so I should get with it if I'm going to do it.

Hi. You should use the GTX 1080 TI since you have 3 Display ports available. Use the built in video on your mother board as a backup only, in case your video card starts giving you problems. I would also disable the built in video on the BIOS, but it is not necessary for most systems to disable it. I read of some people having issues when leaving the built in video enabled in BIOS. Most new monitors now have Display ports because of a much higher bandwidth , so it is not going to cost you more. Some come with the display port cable in the box, others just an HDMI, so make sure you ask cause you may need to buy a DSP port cable.

Good luck!

Edited by SpookyDiver

Thanks Larry for your reply. I had a simple question about the GPS 3000 in the TBM 930, and all I wanted to know was if it was a bug or if I was doing it wrong. I wasn't asking anything really stupid.

5767 views later and no answer? Right there where my post is look up and down the page and you will see many others in a similar situation. By the replies I am reading here I can see that I can not expect any help from anyone, because at one time or another those people never received a thank you for their time. While I see their point and appreciate their honesty, I can not understand the reason of being in a public forum if you are not willing to help anyone.

This article that was published here explains it a lot better than I can.

Happy Holidays.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21389-Op-Ed-What-Happened-to-the-Flight-Sim-Community

I think the view count for the threads in the Newcomers forum isn't entirely accurate. When I open your thread and scroll down it shows that only 7 people, including myself just now, have read it. The newcomers forum often seems to be the first stop for spammers and others looking for ways to spam the forums. We typically remove the spam threads before they are seen, but I suspect this is related to the abnormally high view counts. Compare the view counts to the MSFS forum here.

As to why no one has answered your thread, there can be many reasons, some of which were listed above. Many here are pretty good about giving answers where they can, but not everyone has the time to answer all threads, or sees all of them. Or new threads bump the old ones down the page, and eventually off the first page. Or it simply is something that no one has run into or has an answer for. I certainly don't think it's because people aren't friendly.

I think the view count for the threads in the Newcomers forum isn't entirely accurate. When I open your thread and scroll down it shows that only 7 people, including myself just now, have read it. The newcomers forum often seems to be the first stop for spammers and others looking for ways to spam the forums. We typically remove the spam threads before they are seen, but I suspect this is related to the abnormally high view counts. Compare the view counts to the MSFS forum here.

As to why no one has answered your thread, there can be many reasons, some of which were listed above. Many here are pretty good about giving answers where they can, but not everyone has the time to answer all threads, or sees all of them. Or new threads bump the old ones down the page, and eventually off the first page. Or it simply is something that no one has run into or has an answer for. I certainly don't think it's because people aren't friendly.

Hi Loki.

If I get pulled over by a Cop and he is not friendly, I don't blame the entire Police force because of one or few that are bad. If I go to a Restaurant and the waitress/waiter is rude to us, I don't blame the restaurant, I go back and sit at another table. If someone of a different race/color/national origin/Sex orientation, religion. whatever the case do me wrong, I don't blame the rest of them because if I do, I could be accused of being a racist, a homophobic and everything else, and it would be a valid accusation. I like to try new food before I say I don't like it, because now that I am older and savvy, I realize I missed a lot of good food in my life just because it looked bad. I know one thing for sure now, I don't belong here because I am not in the click. I will just limit myself to read the "news" side and the Editorial write ups which I greatly enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Thank you MR Zippy for the link.

First post I see is from the Moderator: "How to deal with a user whose posts you can't tolerate" LOL!

I guess I just stay away from forums and stick to my "real world" friends

Edited by SpookyDiver

Friendly forum for MSFS?, but you'll find more answers here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ USE THE SEARCH OPTION PLEASE

according to your problem or question.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001769531-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

How shall I go about this?

As far as I know, there's no way to have the cockpit view, and an external view, displayed at the same time, either on one screen, or on separate monitors. That's one thing I dislike the most about msfs 2200.