Thread: Getting very frustrated

Unhappy Getting very frustrated

I know it is a work in progress, but wat to many crash to desktop errors. While flying the Carenado 172 and Seminole, clicking on the sun visor caused crash to desktop. I believe liveries in the Community folder are also causes for desktop crashes. This reminds me of Prepar3d and its instability problems in the beginning. I hope these can be fixed soon. Just needed to vent......

I am running completely stock at this point. I have not had any problems??
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

So it's the fault of the sim that 2 add on planes crash the sim? The same thing for the liveries?

The way it is now, if you try add ons, you have to expect trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer23 View Post
    ...I believe liveries in the Community folder are also causes for desktop crashes...
    Yes they can. Asobo has recommended to move all your Community mods out of the folder during updating, which is the first thing I do. Then I put them back aircraft by aircraft to make sure they still work OK.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    The way it is now, if you try add ons, you have to expect trouble.
    Not my experience -- I have installed over 250 addons for MSFS (mostly freeware) with no trouble.

While flying the Carenado 172 and Seminole,
    Ah...are these planes even compatible with MSFS...

If you're gonna use old models in a new sim, well - good luck. You just may end up with...

wat to many crash to desktop errors.

Carenado are currently working on a fix for the visor issue in their MSFS Seminole. This was caused by the recent update along with a couple of other problems.I just spotted it on their Facebook page.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

To answer my own question -
    As of today, Carenado offers the M20R Ovation, the CT182T, and the PA44 Seminole (as of 11/20).

Not to hijack the thread but, I personally find Carenado's site lacking info on 'MSFS' products. When you hover over 'Products', only 'FSX/P3D' and 'X-PLANE' come up - no category for 'MSFS' at all (?).
    Yes I know that those products are available through Micro$oft Marketplace, but you would think Carenado would want you to know they exist - and what better place to do that then - say - they're own website...
    Carenado - time for a site update...