The Seven Sisters

BillD22

Stargazers here on the forum will recognize the Pleiades star cluster - aka "The Seven Sisters" - in the center of this shot taken out the cockpit window of an FS2020 A320. The photo insert shows the real world star cluster.

The airplane is heading south after departing Boston's Logan International Airport (KBOS). The position of the Pleiades as viewed in the sim is correct for today's date and the local Boston time when the shot was taken.

stars2.jpg

If you don't know already, for Android, and maybe iOS, there are several star map augmented reality Apps to show you what you're looking at in the night sky. I use an App called Skymap. Check it out.

Definitely nicely done! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya know, I set up my Celestron SCT to look at this pic but can't focus. Must be too close to the monitor...

Seriously, thanks for sharing! Very cool!

Mike in cloudy NE Ohio, USA

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS