Once again with the 'needs current update' item in Content Manager

So, I finally upgraded to a 500Gb SSD, attempted transfer from the old 256Gb SSD and that proved to be a formidable task. I decided to just re-install from the Microsoft store and did so. The download went OK, thanks to a fast Internet service (950+Gb) but when it was done, everything other than the main file was 'needs current update' and 'Update Available for download'. From a previous post, I surmised the upcoming update had something to do with the 'needs current update'. Regardless, I went ahead and downloaded the available updates for the entire Content Manager (120 items and maybe 20 or 30 Gb). Once again the fast Internet connection helped a lot, but I wonder if that exercise was necessary.. LOL! I know it'll be a long time before I ever decide to upgrade the SSD to make room for future additions!

The way MS is dealing with MSFS2020, it was released as essentially a pre-beta with lots of problems that they are slowly improving with fairly frequent updates. In my opinion whenever the Content Manager says there's an update, we should allow the update. On my computers each set of updates has improved things, at least for the casual way I use the program.

There is an update due out this week. Some of the the things available in the content manager will require the things which come in the planned update. Just b e patient a few more days and the update will provide that content.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

"it was released as essentially a pre-beta with lots of problems"

I think this is an unfair characterization. I have had the program running from the beginning, and there really were not the "problems" you claim. Yes there are a few missing airports and a few other things I would call annoyances, but the program has worked largely as i expected from the beginning. The airliners are not "study level", but you can still fly them to a destination. The program had planned embellishments which are coming for each region, Japan being the first one out. Yes there have been updates to correct mismatches to some equipment and some quirks, but I have been flying successfully for months without any real "problems"! Yes, it was a huge mistake to release it without a manual, many of the "problems" are users who misuse or don't understand the proper use of controls, all of which would have been prevented with a proper manual.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU