FSX (older delux version) run under Win10 (pro)

iianclancy

I am trying to add on new scenery (EGTK in this case) and loaded the .bgl file into both the Addon Scenery folder in FSX and a separate folder in MyDocs. In both cases I cannot view the bgl file in the FSX add scenery folder. The files do not appear to exists, but they are listed via file explorer. Any ideas?

Did you add it into Addon Scenery/Scenery? bit confused by the MyDocs comment? And why you reference Windows10?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Addon Scenery/Scenery right? Not just into the Addon Scenery folder. Then the .bgl will load automatically into fsx when you open FSX. Just find EGTK in your airport scenery list and it will be there - voila! Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Thanks for the info. Yes to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Regret FSX still does not display the file. Perhaps its is a quirk...

a) check if Addon Scenery is somewhere in the Scenery Library list

b) if not, add it. Here you'll experience the W7 add scenery bug in FSX (on all systems from W7 on)

For details: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?205432-Windows-7-Scenery-Addon-Installation-Bug-Fix

c) once step b has been applied, simple adding more BGLs to Addon Scenery\scenery will make them active

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thanks for the info. Yes to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Regret FSX still does not display the file. Perhaps its is a quirk of my system, Asus ROG A15, 1TB Sdd + 16gb RAM.

What do you mean by 'FSX still not displaying the file'? Have you selected EGTK when in FSX? Is the scenery showing up? - Is the .bgl in Addon Scenery/SCENERY when you look into the folder? If so then the scenery will be in FSX.

Is it this one:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7028/fsx-kidlington-airport-scenery/

If so I dont think it adds any scenery just new ILS etc? Guys correct me if im wrong?