Engines Shutting Down (All Aircraft)

I developed a issue in the last 24 hours, where all aircraft start properly but after a few minutes engines shutdown. This is across the board on all aircraft (Jet, Turboprop, Twins, Singles etc). I have not installed anything for the past few weeks which includes any engine mods. I checked all the settings to make sure something did not get turned off. The only major change was installing a new 32 inch Monitor.

After painstaking trial and errors, I decided to do a clean install (again) of MSFS2020 which took over 12 hours. I just rebooted it up again and the SAME ISSUE IS HAPPENING.

Any ideas out there

PDR

After painstaking trial and errors,

What have you tried already, just so we don't suggest the same thing(s)?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Do you have mixture mapped to one of your joystick/controller axes? I have an older saitek throttle quadrant and was having issues with engines randomly shutting down. Completely unmapping mixture fixed it for me - rarely use it enough to warrant the shut down issues. This was a fix recommended early on as some of the older devices can have issues in MSFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have mixture mapped to one of your joystick/controller axes? I have an older saitek throttle quadrant and was having issues with engines randomly shutting down. Completely unmapping mixture fixed it for me - rarely use it enough to warrant the shut down issues. This was a fix recommended early on as some of the older devices can have issues in MSFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a Saitek X52 Pro and I had earlier mapped a Prop Axis and Mixture Axis. After your suggestion, I removed both of these axis mappings and I testing so far has given positive results. I was able to fly 2 jest, Turboprop and Single Engine without them shutting down after a few minutes. Will continue doing more testing. Thanks for the big hint on where to look.

PDR

Well...hope you learned something here.

I use to have problems with flight simulators and O/S and would reinstall the whole damn O/S, flight simulator, ALL the custom settings ETC, ETC, ETC.

It got OLD VERY QUICK!

If I had your issue, first thing would be obviously check for fuel in the tank. Then if there was fuel, ask myself what would cause the engines of ALL planes to just shut off. The mixture control is how pilots shut off engines, so would have checked that next.

What's my point? I don't know :), but very excited about the next USA upgrade coming!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Had similar issue with saitek throttle and tbm 930 engine shut down mid flight- just wiggling the axis will cause a engine shut down - known bug for saitek mixture and msfs2020. you can assign multiple new throttle profiles under controls - ie jets/turbo prop versus GA planes