Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Well, let’s get this thread back on topic. I mean, the Titanic we’d all admit WAS doing pretty well up to a point.
    Fsx was a monument disaster from the moment of its launch.
    It was listing to starboard pretty bad from the moment it ‘entered the water’ as we say in maritime speak.
    It was a ‘rudderless’ simulator.
    It just couldn’t ‘make way’ once it left port.
    It seemed to ‘run out of steam’ in its boilers after its hype died down.
    It seemed to ‘sink’ in enthusiasm a short time into its voyage.
    MSFS didn’t seem to be ‘steering the ship’ one might say and gave up on it.

    Glug glug glug....
    Sorry, I was mistaken -- I underestimated you. It could get lower, and did.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida.
    Posts
    48

    Default

    LOL, I bought an Alien Ware PC and run MSFS on Ultimate settings, never a crash smooth as glass. no issues except the log book stopped wring on Nov. 8th. Just love it.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Well, let’s get this thread back on topic. I mean, the Titanic we’d all admit WAS doing pretty well up to a point.
    Fsx was a monument disaster from the moment of its launch.
    It was listing to starboard pretty bad from the moment it ‘entered the water’ as we say in maritime speak.
    It was a ‘rudderless’ simulator.
    It just couldn’t ‘make way’ once it left port.
    It seemed to ‘run out of steam’ in its boilers after its hype died down.
    It seemed to ‘sink’ in enthusiasm a short time into its voyage.
    MSFS didn’t seem to be ‘steering the ship’ one might say and gave up on it.

    Glug glug glug....
    Everyone on every FS forum on the planet knows by now that FSX left you and your Pentium IV/GeForce 7800 at the alter Jon, we actually heard you the first time. Typically it takes about 7 years for most people to work beyond a traumatic life-changing event, that's why there are so many songs that focus around "7 years" in some way, apparently you took it a little harder than most so for you it's been 14 and you still have a ways to go obviously. I'm pleased to see that you've now worked through denial and made it into the anger stage though, that's totally progress and that's a very good thing, you only have 3 stages to go before acceptance! I'm proud of you! Stay positive and remember we're all here for you, it'll get better, your black will eventually give way to blue I promise. It may take 30 years in your case but eventually it will!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Everyone on every FS forum on the planet knows by now that FSX left you and your Pentium IV/GeForce 7800 at the alter Jon, we actually heard you the first time. Typically it takes about 7 years for most people to work beyond a traumatic life-changing event, that's why there are so many songs that focus around "7 years" in some way, apparently you took it a little harder than most so for you it's been 14 and you still have a ways to go obviously. I'm pleased to see that you've now worked through denial and made it into the anger stage though, that's totally progress and that's a very good thing, you only have 3 stages to go before acceptance! I'm proud of you! Stay positive and remember we're all here for you, it'll get better, your black will eventually give way to blue I promise. It may take 30 years in your case but eventually it will!
    Anger? That line sunk like the.....


    Pentium 4???? GeForce 7800??!!!

    Thats only a 2.80ghz single core? My i5-9400 max's at 4.10 big boy 'hurtz' and has 6 bad boy cores. Runs FS9 like a sweet dream and probably FSX if I didn't delete it.

    And my GTX 1650 Super - emphasis on the 'super' - eats princess 7800's for breakfast.



    Short on material for a new thread but you've given me a great idea Jim. Thanks!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sorry, I was mistaken -- I underestimated you. It could get lower, and did.
    So low its at the bottom of the Atlantic.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    So low its at the bottom of the Atlantic.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and the descendants of the Titanic's victims, who to you are a source of humor. Who's next on your list, Holocaust victims? Covid victims? Or maybe the Black Plague of the 14th Century? The possibilities here are endless. Have fun.

  7. #67

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. MSFS 2020 Beautiful Locations. Uzbekistan
    By Tbb in forum MSFS Flight Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2020, 07:06 PM
  2. It's not MSFS 2020, it's MSFS
    By Seanmo in forum Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-15-2020, 05:58 AM
  3. beautiful day, beautiful plane, beautiful bay
    By wolf2 in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 04:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •