Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

Quote Originally Posted by GKKnupper View Post
    @
    bucksnort

In my 65 years, YES 65 years, in the IT Industry I have never ever seen this kind of product !!!

ONLY Masochist are in the mental state to use this CRAP !!!

This company should be sued for a fraudulent product ...
    OMG, unbelievable !!

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein
    I be one of dose Masochists in a mental state. Havin' a ball flyin dis CRAP here in de Asylum!

StubbornSwiss I like that!

I also purchased the Premium. I have only two problems. The TBM flies only 600 miles and I can't fly over FL320, the panel freezes nothing works but I can still land the aircraft. Seems to me that the Pitot is not programmed correctly. I've reported it three times now.

The CJ4 is un-flyable for me. Its overspeed all the time and the panel is the poorest of all the included aircraft. I spend so much time controlling airspeed I don't have time to fly the aircraft. (55in HD monitor). I've had the opportunity to fly right seat in a CJ4 several times. It doesn't have an autothrottle or an overspeed problem.

I get frustrated with MSFS at times but then I recall how bad FSX was at first.

tailgunnerjack

Quote Originally Posted by gerrigerri View Post
    I get frustrated with MSFS at times but then I recall how bad FSX was at first.
    People keep saying this. How??? FSX worked! Yes, performance was an issue, still is but everything else worked. EVERYTHING is broken in MSFS. Literally EVERYTHING does not work properly. Performance is also an issue in MSFS and when you "may" eventually be able to add decent add-ons, it'll be unusable.

It's debatable if this opportunity will ever come to test the theory because you won't see PMDG attempt to develop for something like MSFS in it's current state and I really doubt MSFS will ever be close to reasonably bug free. If I was to bet money, I would take the good odds you would get right now and place money that MSFS will never see a PMDG aircraft.

Edit: I should say on the PC MSFS version btw. You may see a PMDG aircraft on the Xbox MSFS. You heard the suggestion here first! lol
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 11-23-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    Mark Daniels

"EVERYTHING is broken in MSFS. Literally EVERYTHING does not work properly."
    Mark, Then how do you explain those of us that are able to fly where we want, to navigate to the appropriate destination, to cruise at correct speeds, to enjoy fabulous scenery, to enjoy polished aircraft visuals, and to capture scenic details that reveal even geology and architecture and cultural practice, which were impossible in any other product? I will give you that the airliners are not "study level" and ATC is pretty much a joke, but everything else seems pretty workable
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    People keep saying this. How??? FSX worked! Yes, performance was an issue, still is but everything else worked. EVERYTHING is broken in MSFS. Literally EVERYTHING does not work properly. Performance is also an issue in MSFS and when you "may" eventually be able to add decent add-ons, it'll be unusable.

It's debatable if this opportunity will ever come to test the theory because you won't see PMDG attempt to develop for something like MSFS in it's current state and I really doubt MSFS will ever be close to reasonably bug free. If I was to bet money, I would take the good odds you would get right now and place money that MSFS will never see a PMDG aircraft.

Edit: I should say on the PC MSFS version btw. You may see a PMDG aircraft on the Xbox MSFS. You heard the suggestion here first! lol
    Absolutely false. Everything is NOT broken in MSFS, far from it, and the statement is ridiculous (though not surprising in this case) and will be recognized as such by those -- and there are many of us -- who are having a blast flying this incredible, beautiful sim. As far as addons are concerned, I have installed over 200 already (scenery and aircraft) and they work beautifully. Finally, I was an FSX fan for its entire history and will say categorically that it was attacked ferociously at first, mainly by simmers who lacked sufficient computing power to run it at the time.

Same here. I bought the Premium Edition from Steam and it downloaded without a glitch. It took a long time even though I have a 1 Gig fiber at my house. But I do recall some people on Steam complaining that some of the add on they paid for did not get installed. MS fixed the issue later, at least on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Reminds me of my grandma years ago, who hated her new electric stove and insisted the food cooked on her old coal stove tasted much better. Have fun with FS9 and other technologies from 20 years ago I assume you also are still using your Commodore 2000 computer (or maybe a Radio Shack Tandy). Great machines, those -- for their time.
    Hey, I am 65 years old too and I remember playing my first MSFS on my Commodore "AMIGA 500" pc, and that thing was ahead of the times. I remember buying my first external SCSI hard drive for it: $750 for a 20 megabyte (yes, megabytes) drive!!!! and retracing the motherboard to squeeze a little more out of its SID chip. Times have changed and some people, believe it or not, are now complaining to developers because their new games are no longer compatible with Windows 7!

I originally signed up with XPass because I figured MSFS just looked too good to be true and since it was super cheap to try I figured why not. The install simply didn't work for me(Win 10 Pro). I have multiple drives, and the brain dead XPass installer implemented something Microsoft wished developers used but nobody does - assigning the category of a drive to be either a system or data drive(I forget the Microsoft terms). Long story short, it refused to let me install it where I wanted, and I didn't have enough room on my C:\ drive. It wasn't just MSFS - a number of games were like that. Forums all over were flooded with frustrated users that had whatever set of conditions I had. I just cancelled XPass, never to return, and bought it from Steam and it's been fine ever since(the slow rollout of updates aside). I since built a new system and I'm sure it would have worked fine with a new system install but I won't touch Windows Store/XPass again. Another frustration is if you didn't buy the super-deluxe version out of the gate, they penalize you by charging you more to upgrade than buy it. The business model at Microsoft just boggles my mind.

MSFS itself, though, is working fine.

Hi all,

Well, I'm 73, also a Windows 10 user, also an IT veteran and a long time flightsim user. Did not bother with Xbox or PlayStore at all, but bought my MSFS from Steam. No problem with the installation or with updates.
    Last edited by tvringen; 11-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Having great fun exploring the world in Flight Simulator 2020 (when time permits of course)

Dominic

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast