Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

Quote Originally Posted by GKKnupper View Post
    @
    bucksnort

In my 65 years, YES 65 years, in the IT Industry I have never ever seen this kind of product !!!

ONLY Masochist are in the mental state to use this CRAP !!!

This company should be sued for a fraudulent product ...
    OMG, unbelievable !!

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein
    Since 1955?

I am not yet involved in MSFS, so I have no personal experience of the difficulties (or ease) of installation and use. But, if Windows 10 generated bad publicity like this I suspect we would all be looking at Apple products. For some reason I find myself thinking of Trump.....

Linux maybe, Apple, never!!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    It is amazing how different people's experience has been. I purchased the Deluxe Premium version from Steam, and have had absolutely no problems other than the known bugs.
    Ditto here. FWIW, Deluxe Premium purchased at MS store, downloaded and has been working from the start. (Yes with the known bugs).

I just go VFR for now and will wait it out. I hope everyone else with issues can get things going.

Mike
    Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

downloaded, spent hours on the problems, deleted it and went back to XP-11. Glad I only paid $1 for it,

Thinking back to FS9 I remember that it needed Ultimate Terrain to become a real simulator and not just a toy. Then along came FSX and I discovered that the Fraser River disappeared 40 miles east of Vancouver and that FSX too needed Ultimate Terrain, so I dumped it and went back to FS9! Now we have MSFS and what they have attempted is a much better version of Ultimate Terrain that includes a lot of errors and doesn't yet work properly. The airfield scenery buildings bear no relation to reality, as in FS9 and FSX. Ah well, back to my FS9 northwest Ontario fields.

Blog Entries

I agree! Who wants to put up with all these issues to use this product?
    Not me!
    Cheers
    Aaron

Reminds me of my grandma years ago, who hated her new electric stove and insisted the food cooked on her old coal stove tasted much better. Have fun with FS9 and other technologies from 20 years ago I assume you also are still using your Commodore 2000 computer (or maybe a Radio Shack Tandy). Great machines, those -- for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDV View Post
    Ditto here. FWIW, Deluxe Premium purchased at MS store, downloaded and has been working from the start. (Yes with the known bugs).

I just go VFR for now and will wait it out. I hope everyone else with issues can get things going.

Mike
    I too have the Deluxe Premium purchased at MS store, and I too have had no issues, except the known bugs.

In my case, I fly the A320NX (FBW) primarily, and only fly GA planes if I want to check out some scenery/location.

It is really strange that some of us have next to no issues, while so many out there are experiencing these problems.

Hopefully it will all be sorted soon.
    i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
    2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by ben252 View Post
    Since 1955?
    Yes my son, there were computers in 1955 but they were the size of my living room.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast