Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    Having great fun exploring the world in Flight Simulator 2020 (when time permits of course)

Dominic
    For me this is the biggest bug, as work always seems to get in the way of me enjoying the sim even more....
    i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
    2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    It is amazing how different people's experience has been. I purchased the Deluxe Premium version from Steam, and have had absolutely no problems other than the known bugs.
    It could be that Steam follows a slightly different installation route than does Microsoft Store. Also, the differences in experiences could be based on what game version a user installed from.

My first install went better than my second install. And my first install was on the previous game version from the current game version, which was updated one day after my first install.

I am running from the MicroSoft Store and i have not had any significant problems. I just ran the update and it completed nicely.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

New MSFS 2020 update from Microsoft Store today.

It seemed to run ok. Can't fly till later today, so keeping my fingers crossed!

And by the way, I'm not an MSFS 2020 basher...I want it to work. It is beautiful, and the 152 and 172 models are pretty good (the two planes I got my private pilot ticket in a long time ago IRL), and they brought back memories of those times.
    Last edited by bucksnort; 11-24-2020 at 03:13 PM.

GKKnupper,
    Really unfortunate you are having problems (of some sort). Fortunately you didn't have to pay tons of money to get it, and can go back to your other sims you enjoy.
    In the meantime, this "masochist" (you really shouldn't label folks too freely) is going back to do some more beautiful bush flying! My only challenge is to decide where...Patagonia, Australia, Africa, Asia, or the US. Guess it depends on what the weather is.
    Best of luck to you. Sounds like you could use it.
    BTW, I spent 42 years in the simulator training world where we made do with what we had and worked hard to make it better.
    Last edited by g8tr; 11-24-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    "EVERYTHING is broken in MSFS. Literally EVERYTHING does not work properly."
    Mark, Then how do you explain those of us that are able to fly where we want, to navigate to the appropriate destination, to cruise at correct speeds, to enjoy fabulous scenery, to enjoy polished aircraft visuals, and to capture scenic details
    So you are telling me:
    Aircraft need no further patching?
    AI need no further patching?
    ATC needs no further patching?
    Real weather needs no further patching?
    Navigation needs no further patching?
    Scenery needs no further patching?
    Log book needs no further patching?

This is off the top of my head. Regarding CTD's, just because some users have no issues does not mean the software is not flawed. There are enough people who have CTD's they can clearly be attributed to the MSFS software.
    My expectation is for all those questions to be answered with a no. I'm not interested in a Bing maps simulator, I want a flight simulator. It's sad to see the acceptance of eye candy over solid software across games these days. I do want a new flight sim as much as anyone else but I don't fit in with the "I'll accept anything" crowd.
    As the OP has said, MSFS is a pile of junk.

And cobalt, I always look forward to reading your posts. lol
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    It's debatable if this opportunity will ever come to test the theory because you won't see PMDG attempt to develop for something like MSFS in it's current state and I really doubt MSFS will ever be close to reasonably bug free. If I was to bet money, I would take the good odds you would get right now and place money that MSFS will never see a PMDG aircraft.

Edit: I should say on the PC MSFS version btw. You may see a PMDG aircraft on the Xbox MSFS. You heard the suggestion here first! lol
    Interesting hypothesis given that PMDG has been quite open about already developing for MSFS. Mr. Randazzo also seems impressed with the effort Asobo is putting into updating the SDK to allow them to fully develop their aircraft.

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/pmdg73

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Interesting hypothesis given that PMDG has been quite open about already developing for MSFS. Mr. Randazzo also seems impressed with the effort Asobo is putting into updating the SDK to allow them to fully develop their aircraft.

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/pmdg73
    Note it is stated, "all subject to change"
    I'll go with that! lol
    Mark Daniels

"So you are telling me:
    Aircraft need no further patching?
    AI need no further patching?
    ATC needs no further patching?
    Real weather needs no further patching?
    Navigation needs no further patching?
    Scenery needs no further patching?
    Log book needs no further patching?"

The log book isn't my priority, IDK?
    Scenery looks superb to me. Yes
    Navigation needs more work but you can navigate to a destination effectively now.
    I don't use real weather??
    ATC is very poor, I give you that!!
    AI seems acceptable now, for what I use it, to fly while I take a screen shot. It could be better if you want it to fly accurately, but it does function.
    The GA aircraft are very good. The airliners look nice, but they are surely not "study level". I don't flip AC switches, so isn't a big deal for me.

I am able to fly to places I want to go. That says everything isn't broken!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    I am able to fly to places I want to go. That says everything isn't broken!
    There might be a Dora the Explorer plane game that will do that too.
    However, Dora wouldn't be a replacement or even a complimentary sim for my FS9.

All comes down to what you are willing to accept.
    Mark Daniels

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast