Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

1. Thumbs down MSFS 2020 Is Beautiful Junk

I am a retired Systems Integration Manager from Ford Motor Company, and a pretty strong Windows 10 user. I guess you could call me a superuser. And I have a private pilot's license (Single Engine Land).

With that said, I had a custom computer specifically built to the nines about 2 weeks ago for MSFS 2020 which appears to be running perfectly, except when I tried to purchase and install MSFS 2020.

The first installation of MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe on Nov 9th went well, except I could not make content purchases from MSFS 2020 Marketplace. So after talking to MSFS 2020 support (ZenDesk), then Xbox support, and finally a Level 2 tech on the Windows Tech Team, he told me my Microsoft Store app was corrupted, and reinstalled Windows 10 for me, updated it, and crawled through my computer using Quick Assist where he had access to my desktop remotely to make sure all settings were correct for MSFS 2020.

And things got worse. Now Microsoft Store tells me that the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS 2020 can't be installed on my computer, and only the Standard Version can be installed. So I tried that. Twice (uninstalling, and then reinstalling MSFS 2020 with the same results both times).

My account inside MSFS 2020 tells me that I'm on the current version 1.10.11.0 but I have only 12 planes available to fly. And the plane set is a partial set of all three MSFS 2020 versions (Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe). For instance, I have the 787 Dreamliner, but not the Airbus 320, etc. And I cannot download the rest of the content from Content Manager, as it tells me I need a more recent version of the game to do so, even though my account shows I have the most recent version installed.

It is now a spaghetti installation of parts of all three versions of MSFS 2020.

And from what I can tell, it is because of their VERY aggressive Digital Content Management system in Microsoft Store. Microsoft is so afraid of the software being pirated, they are not giving it to their paying customers either!

I am now waiting for a support call from Xbox support that will never come. I've been waiting for 4 days now, relaunching the request for a callback each morning.

But apparently nobody is home at Xbox.

I am getting ready to request a full refund, and plan on coming back in 2 or 3 years to try again, as right now the launch of MSFS 2020 is a disaster. If I had launched a product like this at Ford, they would have fired me.

Cheers!
    Last edited by bucksnort; 11-21-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having problems. When you started the install from the MS Store, how did you go about it? Forgive me if you did it this way but..
    You should install the standard flight simulator first. Once that’s done, you install the Digital Ownership. There’s no need to install the deluxe or premium deluxe addons. Flight sim will do that automatically.
    Launch flight sim and it’ll install the rest of it (after asking where to install)
    When it’s eventually installed.. go into the content manager and install the rest.
    Everything (inc all the premium deluxe planes) “should” be installed.

I have installed it many times previously by doing this and I’ve never had any problems.
    If I were you though, I’d uninstall the current installation, making sure there no trace left & then follow the steps above.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 11-21-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

3. Default

Thanks, Steve!

I haven't tried the install in that order. I've been launching the Premium Deluxe install from Microsoft Store as the first step, as there is an install button to do that. So I'll do a full uninstall and try your suggestion, which is much appreciated. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow, as it's a long download process (as you know).

Cheers!
    Bill

No problem, hope you sort it.
    They certainly don’t make it clear do they? I also tried installing the premium deluxe when I first bought it and it wouldn’t do anything. There are many comments online from others doing the same.
    Anyway, good luck and I look forward to hearing that it’s working

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 11-21-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs

I have been deterred from buying and installing FSMS by all the complaints. It seemed to me to be a good idea to wait for updates/corrections to all be completed before venturing into what currently appears to be a potential lion's den. But to find that even the installation is flawed and unexplained? Well, that to me is astounding.

6. Default

Hi Steve,

That did it! MSFS 2020 is now mostly working for me. Things are still a bit wonky, as I'm still missing a few planes and customized airports, but overall, I'm back up and running. Thank you for that!

After installing the Standard version, and then the Digital Ownership from Microsoft Store, I launched MSFS 2020, and had only two aircraft (the 152 and the 930). And Content Manager wouldn't give me anything else, stating that I needed newer versions (0.1.59, 0.1.62, 0.1.27, etc) for the various content, even though my MSFS 2020 account said I'm on 1.10.11.0

So I then downloaded and installed the Deluxe, and then the Premium versions in Marketplace. After that, I went to Content Manager, tagged all content, and ran the update regardless of the notices that I was not running the current version. And most of the content from all three versions (Standard, Deluxe, and Premium) downloaded and installed.

When it was finished downloading, Content Manager told me I had none of the content, needing newer versions for everything. But when I checked in game, it was mostly there.

Close enough for rock'n roll!

They've got some issues to work out, buy I'm back flying in game, and the planes I'm missing right now aren't anything I can't live without for the time being (Airbus320, SR22, and the DV20). I'm also missing a handful of custom airports, but again, nothing I can't live without.

Thanks for you help!
    Bill

@
    bucksnort

In my 65 years, YES 65 years, in the IT Industry I have never ever seen this kind of product !!!

ONLY Masochist are in the mental state to use this CRAP !!!

This company should be sued for a fraudulent product ...
    OMG, unbelievable !!

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Then why do many of us use the program without problems, and enjoy it immensely? You can visit the entire world at a level of detail unimagined a short time ago! The aircraft are beautifully rendered. What don't you like? If you want to throw air conditioner switches in airliners it may not yet be your product, but it does create a flight experience unlike anything outside an actual aircraft in flight.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi Bill, that’s great news! Glad it’s working (albeit not 100%)

Regards
    Steve

It is amazing how different people's experience has been. I purchased the Deluxe Premium version from Steam, and have had absolutely no problems other than the known bugs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast