@

bucksnort

In my 65 years, YES 65 years, in the IT Industry I have never ever seen this kind of product !!!

ONLY Masochist are in the mental state to use this CRAP !!!

This company should be sued for a fraudulent product ...

OMG, unbelievable !!

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

I am 74 years old and a former private pilot. Love the Sim, had a few hiccups that were cleared up via the updates.

i7-9700; nvidia 2070 super; 32g ddr4 mem; Z390 MB. Built this system specifically for msfs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

As a child, I grew up watching Stearmans with a P&W R-985 450 HP up front fly a load of Endrin and Methyl Parathion out of a dirt strip. The airport was a hanger and a weed littered dirt strip. On Sunday afternoons, the same pilots that applied the insecticides, would do an amateur air show with empty bays of the same aircraft. So my expectations of a "proper airport" may be different than yours. These pilots were not very accurate in procedural flight, but they would spend much of their day flying 6 feet off the ground at 100 mph. They darted under highline wires and did split Ss on Sundays.

I am a semi-retired scientist in real life. I much prefer experimenting with air files than flipping AC switches. I did watch 747-100s fly out of Love Field, barely clearing the fence at the end of the runway. I have never been to JFK or LAX. I am much more familiar with KFMZ or KFET than KATL. Therefore, my idea of airport quality is different than yours.

I don't begrudge you the enjoyment of your expectations. I hope you will learn to be more tolerant of my expectations.

BTW, my elementary school was a practice target for B-36s flying low level bomb runs right above our play ground. It got your attention when you were buzzed by a growling B-36 as a 7 year old!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Snide reply??? I have no idea what you are talking about?? There isn't anything there that is a snide reply. I still enjoy editing air files in FSX and FS2002. I don't do that in FS2020 yet. But I can see real world features in FS2020 that are completely obscured in other simulators. No other program I have tried, makes it seem like a real world environment, where terrain comes to life.

As I said, I don't fly out of NYC in real life, or in a simulator. That isn't putting down folks that do that! I spend much more time flying in obscure areas than in big cities. I don't begrudge those that like big cities, but they don't interest me. What is snide about that???

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You keep trying to make "study level" synonymous with "flipping air conditioner switches" (I think that's the 3rd time in this thread alone and I've seen you do it in other threads as well). OK, VFR over pretty scenery is your thing and I'm glad that makes you happy but I personally enjoy procedural simulation and it pisses me off every time you imply that somehow makes me "an air conditioner switch flipper" because it's a little beyond air conditioner switches from my perspective. I spent 4 years working for a crop duster right out of A&P school in the mid 80s incidentally, so I do "get" round engines, noise, and nasty chemicals.

Still pales into insignificance to the disaster of FSuX. A terrible terrible simulator. More plastic then a plastic factory.

^

Now THAT is original.

This is about as low as it gets. I have nothing to say in response -- your statement speaks for itself.

Jim,

I am in no way trying to put down those that enjoy accurate procedural flight! The AC switch is a metaphor for aircraft that model every aspect of the aircraft cabin. It is totally great to enjoy the very accurate simulation that the study level aircraft provide. I am not knocking that!!

But I do enjoy other aspects of flight simulation. I also enjoy exploring the world in FS2020, which no other product can replicate at this point. If you want a superb modeling of airliner procedures, MSFS FS2020 isn't your best choice yet. If you want to see the volcanoes of southern Chile, FSX or X-Plane won't come close to the detail in FS2020. That isn't saying that Asobo should ignore the fully modeled airliners. I think they will get there. But nothing in FSX or FS9 can get close to the detail and revelation in FS2020 in the visual experience.

The only thing FSX made ‘obsolete’ when it was released was FSX itself. Even the Titanic was more of a success.

"You do know that 1400 people died on the Titanic?"

I'm sure more than that died attempting to play FSX...lol

That was a joke. I was an early adopter of FSX, and quickly fell back to FS9 due to FSX instability. But I heard it got better over time, even though Microsoft stopped developing for it.

After the 1.11.6.0 update of MSFS 2020, my installation has stabilized, and everything is working now. The GA aircraft are very good (those that I've flown). Excellent feeling of flight and beautiful graphics, overall.

But if they break it again on their next update, I'll be calling it junk again...lol The long term success of MSFS 2020 will depend a lot on their project management and how they handle quality control before updating it for the public, in particular if they want to capture the casual flight sim masses who aren't as patient as the hard core simmers.

With online DCM, the simmer's fate is forever in the hands of the developer versus the good old days where you could mod up a stable version, and only apply updates to your stand alone sim as you deemed them safe to do so.

This is about as low as it gets. I have nothing to say in response -- your statement speaks for itself.

Well, let’s get this thread back on topic. I mean, the Titanic we’d all admit WAS doing pretty well up to a point.

Fsx was a monument disaster from the moment of its launch.

It was listing to starboard pretty bad from the moment it ‘entered the water’ as we say in maritime speak.

It was a ‘rudderless’ simulator.

It just couldn’t ‘make way’ once it left port.

It seemed to ‘run out of steam’ in its boilers after its hype died down.

It seemed to ‘sink’ in enthusiasm a short time into its voyage.

MSFS didn’t seem to be ‘steering the ship’ one might say and gave up on it.

Glug glug glug....

Well, let’s get this thread back on topic. I mean, the Titanic we’d all admit WAS doing pretty well up to a point.

It was listing to starboard pretty bad from the moment it ‘entered the water’ as we say in maritime speak.

Glug glug glug....

Sorry, I was mistaken -- I underestimated you. It could get lower, and did.

Glug glug glug....

Everyone on every FS forum on the planet knows by now that FSX left you and your Pentium IV/GeForce 7800 at the alter Jon, we actually heard you the first time. Typically it takes about 7 years for most people to work beyond a traumatic life-changing event, that's why there are so many songs that focus around "7 years" in some way, apparently you took it a little harder than most so for you it's been 14 and you still have a ways to go obviously. I'm pleased to see that you've now worked through denial and made it into the anger stage though, that's totally progress and that's a very good thing, you only have 3 stages to go before acceptance! I'm proud of you! Stay positive and remember we're all here for you, it'll get better, your black will eventually give way to blue I promise. It may take 30 years in your case but eventually it will! :D

Everyone on every FS forum on the planet knows by now that FSX left you and your Pentium IV/GeForce 7800 at the alter Jon, we actually heard you the first time. Typically it takes about 7 years for most people to work beyond a traumatic life-changing event, that's why there are so many songs that focus around "7 years" in some way, apparently you took it a little harder than most so for you it's been 14 and you still have a ways to go obviously. I'm pleased to see that you've now worked through denial and made it into the anger stage though, that's totally progress and that's a very good thing, you only have 3 stages to go before acceptance! I'm proud of you! Stay positive and remember we're all here for you, it'll get better, your black will eventually give way to blue I promise. It may take 30 years in your case but eventually it will! :D

Anger? That line sunk like the..... ;)

Pentium 4???? GeForce 7800??!!!

Thats only a 2.80ghz single core? My i5-9400 max's at 4.10 big boy 'hurtz' and has 6 bad boy cores. Runs FS9 like a sweet dream and probably FSX if I didn't delete it.

And my GTX 1650 Super - emphasis on the 'super' - eats princess 7800's for breakfast.

Short on material for a new thread but you've given me a great idea Jim. Thanks!

So low its at the bottom of the Atlantic. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and the descendants of the Titanic's victims, who to you are a source of humor. Who's next on your list, Holocaust victims? Covid victims? Or maybe the Black Plague of the 14th Century? The possibilities here are endless. Have fun.