Flight2Gate TLPC Grass Issue

Stewie

Hello FS9 Simmer. I've purchased this scenery and found that there is an issue with the grass at the airport looks the there is a code missing (see below). Attempts to reach Taxi2Gate regarding this issue have gone unanswered. Assuming they are no longer active. Apparently from other posts, there is an upgrade, but there are no upgrades for FS9 on their website. So it is my hope that someone that received the fix from them to resolve this, would be kind enough to share with me.

Thank you in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.

TLPC ISSUE.JPG

Had the same issue. When I had installed the scenery the gras worked fine, 2 days later it was gone. Strange! I moved the "TLPC_grass.bmp" to the main texture folder, but that didn't help.

My work-around was to rename the "TLPC-OBJ-grass.bgl" into "TLPC-OBJ-grass.off" as I am no big fan of 3D-grass.

Dedl

Dedl - Your suggestion worked. What apparently happened in for some strange reason, when I installed the scenery, it put a copy on the main page under Taxi2Gate and a second copy in Addon under George F Charles. I found it by using the AFCAD.exe tool to look for duplicates. I deleted both, removed the grass, and reinstalled one and voila! Thanks for your assist. Hope you have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

• 1 month later...

I don’t understand what you mean when you say one of the install files went into the main folder and the other in the add on scenery folder. Can you elaborate here on the fix for the grass issue?

Thanks. PSS Dash 8

I don’t understand what you mean when you say one of the install files went into the main folder and the other in the add on scenery folder. Can you elaborate here on the fix for the grass issue?

Thanks. PSS Dash 8

When you open the Flight Simulator file, you are on the main page. From there, you can enter into any of the folders. The two folders I referenced were Taxi2Gate and Addon. A copy was in both of those folders. Please let me know if that clears it up for you.

I tried what you suggested. I looked in the main FS2004 folder and did not see a Taxi2gate entry. Everything looked ok. The issue I have with the ST Lucia TLPC Scenery is this. In the summer season the grass appears normal. When I switch to any of the other three seasons the grass appears all greyed out. The only thing I could do to solve the issue was to delete the grass.bgl file so no tall grass appears.

I tried running a scan of the airport file to see if there were any duplicates but did not find any.

I tried what you suggested. I looked in the main FS2004 folder and did not see a Taxi2gate entry. Everything looked ok. The issue I have with the ST Lucia TLPC Scenery is this. In the summer season the grass appears normal. When I switch to any of the other three seasons the grass appears all greyed out. The only thing I could do to solve the issue was to delete the grass.bgl file so no tall grass appears.

I tried running a scan of the airport file to see if there were any duplicates but did not find any.

That's what I did as well, but my problem in addition to that was due to having the duplicate files.