Alan Cobham's adventure '20000 Miles In A Flying Boat'

leuen

The file 'cobham27.zip' available here, relates Alan Cobham's flight around Africa done in 1927. Bruce Kennewell mention in his readme the following link to get flightplan informations:

http://henrycrun.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Unfortuntely this link is dead. Even Wayback Machine could't find it anymore. Did anyone got its contence some several years ago?

Thanks for any advice.

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Sadly 'Henry Crun', a regular contributor the pprune.org forums, passed away in 2012 and his live.com website address was probably linked to his email account. However, all of Alan Cobham's Empire flying boat flights are described, with maps, on this website: https://www.wondersofworldaviation.com/cobhams_flights.html

"Cobham's Pioneer Empire Flights - 2" shows a map of Africa with Cobham's route, clockwise from Alexandria.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for your tip. I have been at the site before and at least could copy the map showing the whole trip. I will try to create an AI flightplan based on this information. There just would be waterfields, and some are already done for Imperial Airways seaplane traffic.

Bernard