Wanted: C-130 for FSX Steam

Rebrecs

Aye y'all,

I would like a reference from anyone flying C-130 in FSX Steam.

OK, maybe I'm just blind or eat up with the DA, but I can't seem to find one of those.

I typically fly C-17 but Kodiak and Juneau have me thinking a new addition to the fleet is prolly a good idea.

anyone?

(TIA)

---

Thank you! That looks good. And now for a quick trip over to Steam to ask where exactly to Unzip this puppy. I have never installed anything that did not come from the Steam store, which all happens behind the scenes by auto-magic.

Thank you! That looks good. And now for a quick trip over to Steam to ask where exactly to Unzip this puppy. I have never installed anything that did not come from the Steam store, which all happens behind the scenes by auto-magic.

Hi Rebrecs,

You just need to install it in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

and if it uses an installer, it should put everything in the correct place, obviously C: is

dependant on where your FSX-SE is installed.

If it does not use an installer you can just install it manually, ie: Aircraft in Aircraft Folder,

Gauges in Gauges Folder, Effects in Effects Folder, and sometimes there may be a sound

file to go in the main Sound Folder, but there should be some install docs in the folder

I have downloaded and installed the Alphasim file below, and it does not include an installer,

but there are pretty clear instructions on how to install included, and you won't have to worry

about the gauges as they are in the panel folder already, which is how I do it, and it is a great

looking aircraft!

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=176256

And I am sure if you need any more help that will never be a problem, there will always be

someone here to help.

Hope this helps

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

The answer is... to keep their ears warm :-)

So that's why:D, I thought there must have been a valid reason;)

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

What I have learned is a C-130 is not a simple plane.

I am beginning to understand why, what seems to me to be a plane that would be hugely popular - is actually not a pervasive offering as a for $$ Sim-craft.

The learning curve would prevent the instant gratification that marketing requires.

There is another free C-130 from Shimshed:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=132829

In any case this one from Simshed and the Alpha and Premair ones are not FSX native (not a separate interior model).

If you are flying basically the C130, a I suggest the Capt. Sim one as suggested by loki. Is an excellent rendition, I had it in FS9 and FSX. In Prepar3D is a default plane.