Fun in your C17- Juneau, Alaska

Rebrecs

Give it a try.

There are harder places to land, without a doubt. But this place is "interesting."

Intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, etc.

Let me know how you do. (and what approach you used.)

--

Anything with the reverse thrust of a C-17 is easy.

Try it with a large piston twin.

Hi Malcott, I see you're "green" online just now. Strange time for you, must be (let me see, my time + ~8 hours - 1 day, say 2200+8=0600 Wed 25/11, oh, so it's your sunrise, good morning!) Well, Juneau, I'll have to check it out.

Anything with the reverse thrust of a C-17 is easy.

Try it with a large piston twin.

Hi Mallcott,

As it turns out, what you said was quite helpful. I was being too timid about using up enough of that runway before touching down. Having more confidence in the C-17 stopping capabilities was one of the three factors that got me sorted for Juneau, and the one that made the most difference. Thanks.

So, a large piston twin? I have a DC-3. But honestly, I have trouble landing that thing at Edwards. What did you have in mind?

Hi Rebrecs, no haven't looked at Juneau yet, you in your first post that started this thread made Juneau sound interesting and mysterious, that's all I meant, to go have a look at the airport. (My default is simply the default Cessna 172, so no fancy flying by me!)