Missing Toolbar top of screen

After the last update my toolbar has disappeared. I can still access the ATC with N and the map with V etc but no full toolbar.

Other than doing a complete reinstall does anyone have a solution.

I can wait until the next update which may fix the problem or it may not look for corrupted files to replace them. Probably only DL new files.

A file checker would be good if not already available somewhere

BJ

Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, i7-9700k 3.6Ghz, Gskill DDR4-3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36, Gigabyte RTX 2070 8Gb,

Samsung Evo 970 M2 1TB, Corsair 1000W, Alienware 34" AW3418DW, Logitech X55 Hotas, Win 10 Pro 64 20H2

After the last update my toolbar has disappeared. I can still access the ATC with N and the map with V etc but no full toolbar.

Other than doing a complete reinstall does anyone have a solution.

I can wait until the next update which may fix the problem or it may not look for corrupted files to replace them. Probably only DL new files.

A file checker would be good if not already available somewhere

BJ

I had this same problem but simply shutting down my computer and doing a restart fixed it. I've since loaded MSFS several times and no issues with the toolbar.

Have you tried repairing MSFS? Go into the app settings, where you’ll see repair, reset etc.

Reset will wipe it complete.y but hopefully repair might bring your toolbar back?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

just to be clear... your tool bar is ONLY accessable when you roll your mouse over the top center area of your screen... a horizontal line with a pointer in the middle appears, you then click on that to reveal the whole bar.

Unless... your talking about the Windowed tool bar, which only appears when you run in Windows mode - as opposed to full screen mode.

Or, are you talking about the tool bar that is visible when you're in Developers Mode... in which case you're needing to do some MSFS system development or project - which should only be done my very. very experienced modder, programmers or developers.

So, which is your missing "toolbar"?

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Just to be clear I am referring to the Toolbar that you roll your mouse over at the top of the screen within MSFS 2020.

Nothing to do with developer mode or windows.

Have tried restarts and the other suggestion of a repair via the app but no change.

Will wait for the next update and see if something gets jolted back into position.

Thanks all

Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, i7-9700k 3.6Ghz, Gskill DDR4-3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36, Gigabyte RTX 2070 8Gb,

Samsung Evo 970 M2 1TB, Corsair 1000W, Alienware 34" AW3418DW, Logitech X55 Hotas, Win 10 Pro 64 20H2

There are a few reports of this happening on other forums.. like avsim.com and the main forums.

Most say reinstalling msfs fixed it. There’s also a mention of FaceTrackNoIR causing it (don’t suppose you use that?)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well decided to do a reinstall. So uninstalled via the MSFS App and logged out of the store and did a restart of the PC.

Checked that all files had gone from the packages folder and logged back into the MS Store. Went to my installed games and then to download and update. It started to dl but only about 1.5GB before it finished in about 5 minutes.

Thought the dl would have been huge. One of the MS updates has been bigger that that. Anyway when completed the Play button appeared so tried it.

Asobo, Blackshark, Mt Fuji, Syncing Data all appeared as expected then this message

ERROR Access to content servers unavailable.

As I just downloaded the game content from MS can not see why servers would be down.

Purchased the game from day one and all has gone smoothly until the last MS update when the toolbar disappeared.

Will wait a few hours and see if the server message changes unless someone has a solution.

Did you also reinstall the digital ownership?

You may have already done this, but always download the standard flight simulator from the store, then the digital ownership. You then launch the sim & install the main 90gb

Once done, use content manager for the rest. Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Ok thanks Steve. Yes did install digital ownership.premium deluxe

Also reset data limit to 250GB and no of days to 1

This morning it downloaded the latest update and I now have the market place available and my tool bar back.

Have managed to dl some additional aircraft via the market place but 3 of the ac offered in the premium package are not showing. Am slowly getting there

Thanks all.

That’s great:)

Glad it’s working again. Not sure about the missing three planes though. Hope you sort it.

Regards

Steve