Sim still crashes even after system format

I bought the game at the release to try it out and it was crashing in random locations, at random time. I've tried reinstalling xbox app, gpu drivers, installing windows updates, reinstalling the game and system file checker without a result. I thought that the reason of CTDs is some bug that will be eventually patched. Fast forward almost three months and one system format and the crashes still occur. There are three errors that display in Event Viewer:

- error with d3d11.dll

https://pastebin.com/w5nkWrMR

- error with VCRUNTIME140.dll

https://pastebin.com/MWL2kJvp

- error with display driver

"display driver has stopped responding but has successfully recovered"

I wanted to run the game in Windows Safe Mode but i cannot run it because gaming services are not running so if anyone know how to actually get the game to run in Safe Mode let me know

PC specs:

CPU: i7 8700k (non oc'ed)

RAM: 32gb

GPU: 1080 (newest drivers 457.30)

OS and MFS installed on two separative SSDs

What brand (EVGA, Asus etc.) and specific model of GPU do you have? Have you looked into whether there are known issues with it? What are the temperatures of the GPU when it is running?

Have you tried other sims, games or benchmarks? Could try downloading the Unigine Superposition benchmark and see how it runs (try just letting it run for a while).

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

I'm running Windows 10 20H2 (updated yesterday from 2004)

I've got Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 iChill X3

X-Plane 11, Witcher 3, Cod MW and every other game that I've played works perfectly fine but they probably didn't use 100% of the GPU. I managed to run Unigine Heaven stress test for 1.5 hour and during that time display driver has crashed 7 times resulting in 3-5 second freeze. It also crashed to desktop twice with d3d11.dll error ( https://pastebin.com/k7fCGv8h )

GPU temperature is around 73C

I eventually found myself in a similar place, I ended up updating the MB Bios and graphic card BIOS... I found only the other day by limiting the frame rate to 30fps along with detuning the graphics card and MB

I'm now getting more stable flights and fewer crashes...... As I see it, we all have different rigs, so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa... but hey worth giving a try if only to refresh your stress levels lol.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I too kept getting CTDs.. right up until last week that is, when I reduced my RAM speed from the default 3600mhz to 3400mhz

For some reason reducing down to 3200 didn’t help neither did switching off XMP completely, but just dropping the speed by one notch stopped all crashes. I don’t know what speed your RAM is but it might be worth a shot.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I too kept getting CTDs.. right up until last week that is, when I reduced my RAM speed from the default 3600mhz to 3400mhz

For some reason reducing down to 3200 didn’t help neither did switching off XMP completely, but just dropping the speed by one notch stopped all crashes. I don’t know what speed your RAM is but it might be worth a shot.

Regards

Steve

yes it was your post that led me to this latest desperate attempt at solving the problem lol As said above I'm getting fewer cds now just the odd one the rest are bugs with the plane's systems....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Just had only my 2nd CTD since launch. On a flight from LOWI to LIPZ and just about to the transition point for an ILS approach. No warning just a screen freeze and then a few seconds later back to the desktop. Case fans were on low so that may have been it but never had it happen before with them on low. Oh well, I still consider myself lucky with CTD's.
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

I have found that some of the free software will cause to desktop computer crashes. I had to remove the Florida NASA free software. Every time I got near the game crashed. You might want to check your community folder.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim