This is about as good as it can be Cessna 172 freeware!!

Found this last evening! A very nice freeware offering by AF Scrub! Thank you AF! You were "spot on" with many of the details of this

freeware aircraft! I for one, am impressed!

2020-11-16_7-23-53-37.jpg

Check out the details of the pilot!

2020-11-16_7-23-57-703.jpg

Hope some of you might take advantage of this one!

Rick :cool::cool:

Okay, I downloaded the blue Cessna 172, AF Scrub must have built into the modeling of the aircraft, a functional light for landing, which is fine. BUT, when I look at an aircraft this nice, I want to see light emitting from the landing light fixture. I added two lines to the aircraft.cfg light section which gives it "eye candy" appearance of being a functional landing light, and it does turn on and off with the landing switch. It does NOT contribute any light to the ground itself, but it's nice to see it working! :rolleyes:

light.6 = 5, -1.90, -8.95, 2.70, fx_landing

light.7 = 5, -1.90, -9.45, 2.70, fx_landing

As I stated earlier, this is one nice Cessna Skyhawk, and AF Scrub did a nice job putting this together. I never cared much for the FSX default C172 lineup, as they just seemed to be a "little Hokey!" This one has what it takes!

Rick :cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Search the library for cessna_172taildragger.zip, cessna172_d.zip or cessna172c_skyhawk.zip.

Hi Paul - Not sure what James is looking for, BUT, the first two links you provided are good! The third link is a "not so good rendition" of a Cessna 172, in my opinion! I found the blue/white download later, and it is without a doubt, the better C172 download! Thanks Paul!

James - Take a look at the cessna172_d.zip download! To me that is a great download! Now if you are interested in the taildragger version that AF has offered up, that link is cessna_172taildragger.zip. If you like the taildragger, fine, if you are like me and just want the tricycle gear 172 with the red/white paint, let me know! I converted the taildragger back to a trigear and made it a texture only that could be added to the original blue/white download! I do like what AF has provided, and I am sure you will too!

Rick :cool:

I sense some irritation that I didn't know how to search, and for that I apologize.

I have since figured it out, and can't wait until I can try these addons. Thanks for the tip!

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Downwind could you post the link to your Cessna thanks....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Try these downloads James. I was quite impressed with what AF Scrub came up with. Like I stated earlier, I was never impressed with the FSX default 172's, which in my thinking is a shame, as most of us who has had flight training in RW environment, have accumulated many hours in Cessna 150/152's and Cessna 172's. These downloads were a "keeper" for me as soon as I could get them downloaded and planted in my inventory of aircraft!

Sorry, if I presented any of my replies to your post as being irritated, just didn't quite understand what you were looking for!

Enjoy, and any questions, you can always PM me and I will try to help!

Rick:cool:

David here are the links for the 2 downloads by AF Scrub:

Cessna172_d.zip

Cessna_172taildragger.zip

Enjoy! - Rick:cool:

thank you so much.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

That looks like fun, do we have a 172 tail dragger for FS2004?

Robin - To be honest, this was the first time I have seen a 172 tail dragger! I have seen downloads for the Cessna 152 tail dragger, but this is the first for 172. I believe this download was for FSX and P3d, so that would not work for FS2004 users. You may want to comment to the 172 taildragger download listing, inquire/comment to AF Scrub to see if he has any plans to expand this to FS2004. Lots of FS2004 users out there, and I think that it might be a "hit" for all of them as well?

Thanks Robin and have a nice day and be careful out there!

Rick :cool: