FS 2020 won't start - HELP

Hi, have FS2020 now since August and basically all runs well up till now. Have purchased couple of sceneries and despite some CTD in beginning, I am pretty happy. Now, all by sudden FS2020 starts and when the first background picture of Japan appears it runs into idle, i.e. background music just continues, in task manager I see that FS is alive and consumes CPU performance. But even after 30 minutes, it won't go into next stage which would be background picture "Japan has landed" before I reach start menu.

I shut down PC completely tried again, repaired FS application, ran as admin, de-plugged all USB, always same result. Before I completely re-install, any idea what I could try to fully restart FS2020?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Is your anti-virus creating a problem? Do you have a defined cache size that is too small? Do you have enough memory to handle the additional scenery?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks, indeed deleting local cache did fix it. Took 3 hours to download the entire updated content again, but at least it starts back again. I have no limits on cache, so I wonder if I just have to live with fact that this occurs every few weeks? Many thanks for support :)

Unfortunately I was just able to launch FS twice, now I am back again. I even did not install all sceneries. I have no anti-virus or other program in background and I set cache to 128GB. So something other must be wrong, I just can't delete local chache and then have to download all updates for 3-4 hours before I can start again. Then I probably give up as well on FS.... Anyone a suggestion what I can try? Many thanks

Well now even that won't work. It just stalls when the background with Fuji comes and then you see the circle idle.... So I guess I have to re-install. I give it one more try and then I am done with it, don't have the time.... so again, any suggestions more than welcome :-) Thanks

Just a thought.. when you say you’ve no anti virus in the background... presumably this includes Windows 10’s Defender?

Defender certainly caused me a lot of problems a couple of weeks back, although I believe the issue was fixed in the last update.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles