Anyone made flt and pln files for vintage airline routes?

K5083

This morning I had an enjoyable, but rather heavily researched, outing in GW3. I was searching for real-life vintage airline routes to fly and ran across the archive of old airline timetables at http://www.timetableimages.com, many of you know of this site I'm sure, but wow what a time suck, you can easily spend all the time you set aside for flying the sim looking through those old schedules. Most of them have not only routes, but departure/arrival times and even pricing!

Anyway I selected a 1929 Canadian Colonial Airlines New York to Montreal flight (click here) for this morning's flight. Who wouldn't want to do this trip? I fired up the Fairchild 71, departed at the appointed 7:00 am time from Newark, and enjoyed a scenic trip that almost lived up to the airline's 1929 brochure. I did wander off and do a little sightseeing, so I was running 20 minutes behind by the time we landed at Albany, but I didn't hear any complaints from the cabin.

I saved both the flight plan and the flight, and it occurred to me, someone else must have done this years ago, and maybe even compiled a lot of the old routes. I was looking through the great reference book, "Airlines of the United States since 1914" by R.E.G. Davies, and it also has a wealth of information about routes, operators and aircraft types, though not usually at the level of departure and arrival times. So does anyone know of a compilaton of these, or at least an old forum thread where people shared them?

August

Very nice! Bookmarked.

If I get the urge to do an entire airline's timetable in flights and flight plans, I'll use your downloads as a guide to how to package them to share with the community. If so I'll start with small carriers with manageable networks. I see some guys have uploaded more-or-less current full schedules for major airlines. I have no desire either to compile or fly that many flights!

August