Aermacchi by IndiaFoxtEcho: Does it have an autopilot?

Hi everyone,

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. I am not sure that I am.

In any case, the Aermacchi by IndiaFoxtEcho seems like an excellent add-on for FS2020. I would consider buying it from the FlightSim.com store -- but only if it had an autopilot.

Does anyone know please if this aircraft simulation has an autopilot.

Thank you.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Hi everyone,

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. I am not sure that I am.

In any case, the Aermacchi by IndiaFoxtEcho seems like an excellent add-on for FS2020. I would consider buying it from the FlightSim.com store -- but only if it had an autopilot.

Does anyone know please if this aircraft simulation has an autopilot.

Thank you.

Stanley

It's an attack aircraft. No autopilot on this aircraft!

Just search and you will find!

Hi mallcott and anyone else,

Thank you for your reply.

I have two followup questions, please.

First, you said that I should "just search." I tried to do that, but could not find an answer so I asked in this forum. How should I have searched for an answer to this question?

Second -- and I honestly don't know the answer to this question -- do fighter jets ever have autopilot? Wouldn't autopilot be useful for getting to a combat zone, even if autopilot did not help during actual combat?

Thank you.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

It was actually built as a training aircraft in the 1970s.

Quote from a different forum...

“The real world MB339 doesn't even have an autopilot, only a flight director (as you said). But the basic flight director in aerofly currently doesn't turn on unless you press the FD button, which the MB339 doesn't have sadly. So you're stuck with AP on and FD on or both off. This can be improved in the future but not right now. To turn it on you need to press the a key to activate the autopilot.”

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve and anyone else,

Thank you for your response.

I need clarification, please. The quick key for autopilot is 'z', not 'a'. So are we talking about the same thing? If you hit 'z' with the Aermacchi, would that activate autopilot?

Stanley

Hi Stanley, the quote I posted earlier was for an Aerofly FS2 forum. I guess the autopilot command in FS2 is A, whereas in MSFS it is Z

They do say that the real aircraft doesn’t have an autopilot though. You might want to google Aemacchi MB339 yourself for more info.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

From the Sim Outhouse Flight Simulator 2020 forum:

"The real one doesn't have an AP and the simulation officially doesn't either. However, the autopilot code is there and if you map the AP keys you can invoke the AP functions with them and they will work. But there's no cockpit indication of these functions being active which makes it rather annoying but it's manageable.

Note that there is a flight director.

I use the FSX/P3D standard keys.

CTRL-Z: hold current altitude

CTRL-H: hold current heading

CTRL-N: Hold NAV1/GPS

CTRL-A: Approach (ILS) hold

Z: toggle AP on/off"

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for that Tim.

I’ve just watched this video..

and I’m seriously considering buying it myself now! :) it does look good.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for that Tim.

I’ve just watched this video..

and I’m seriously considering buying it myself now! :) it does look good.

Regards

Steve

Cheers Steve, if Dino made it, "good" is guaranteed!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yep, it’s certainly good. I couldn’t resist & bought it.

I can set the autopilot with my Saitek Multipanel. It did disable at one point and I couldn’t get it back on without restarting so it’s doesn’t work 100% but I’m not complaining.

The aircraft itself looks superb, both inside & out.

http://www.steveharding.com/D6FE51E2-4FD3-4313-B126-020691B838C9.MOV

Regards

Steve

That's one heck of a setup mate! Well done!

Cheers :)

The three TVs give it the immersion. Just need the bravo throttle unit now (early December)

Regards

Steve

• 3 months later...