AI Landing on wrong end of Runway

Stewie

Tom,

Yep. If I knew how to load a pic on here I could show you an AI plane about to take off and the windsock behind it showing it is taking off downwind.

Roger, there's an insert image button right there and you can upload an image into your posts that way.

Screenshot 2020-11-24 141905.png

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Douga66, thanks for that, but it just got more complicated.

Tom, Did you know something or what? I had checked take offs and they were all on the correct runway, 34, no matter what direction the wind was in. But, after reading your query I went back and checked landings, and they were also all on runway 34, no matter what the wind direction was?!? I need to look at this further; though there aren't many ways for us to get it wrong we both know how FS9 can complicate things.

I now understand the thinking behind it. It is another example of the lack of understanding of aviation by the designers of FS9, rather like their decision to mark the path to parking spots with taxiway edge lines but no centre line. I can put a tick in a box for a "one end runway", but in fact it is a "one way" not a "one end" runway and both landing and take off are in the same direction. So a one way street rather than a one end runway. So Stewie, sorry but we can do nothing about it.

Hi,

Finally got an approach code for RWY25. It's a curved approach, with a ~30 degree left turn on short final...

There is a catch... It'll only work with the stock terrain mesh. If you have a payware/freeware mesh installed you'll still fly through the terrain. I had to deactivate my FSGlobal for this. It seems the high terrain is a lot higher with a more realistic mesh...

It's mainly made for the AI, but of course you can load it in the GPS and fly it as well. But be prepared for a few GPWS warnings...

Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJtuUh9oJrupGalGZVasXKxBT5bu5Kpq/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

DDP.

• 2 weeks later...
Mit dem Flughafenbauprogramm ADE 170 (airport Design Editor 170) kannst du die Lande Richtung und Start Richtung ändern. Da hat sich beim Bau ein Fehler eingeschlichen.Das macht man mit dem "ADD Runway Link. Zur Behebung : Runway aussuchen Runway link (schwarz dargestellt ) rechts anklicken und im neuen Fenster "reverse Direction" klicken. alle Taxiways entgegen der Startbahnrichtung einrichten. Dann klappt es. happy landings

Mit dem Flughafenbauprogramm ADE 170 (airport Design Editor 170) kannst du die Lande Richtung und Start Richtung ändern. Da hat sich beim Bau ein Fehler eingeschlichen.Das macht man mit dem "ADD Runway Link. Zur Behebung : Runway aussuchen Runway link (schwarz dargestellt ) rechts anklicken und im neuen Fenster "reverse Direction" klicken. alle Taxiways entgegen der Startbahnrichtung einrichten. Dann klappt es. happy landings

Danka