Scenery Area Question

cj75s

I am wanting to add the many airports around New York and Washington. Can I create a folder called, say, My New York and put the required .bgl files into it then add it as a scenery area from within fsx?

I think it should work but has anyone done this?

thanks in anticipation.

Thankyou, I will try it now. Can I add to it as it goes along , ie, when I find new airports to add?

Absolutely you can. Just for example, I've set up my add-on scenery to have a nested folder structure (each folder w/scenery must have a scenery and, if used, a texture folder in it) such as:

• West
    • California
      • Los Angeles
      • San Francisco

• Oregon
    • Washington

[*]East

• New York
      • Buffalo
      • Albany
      • New York City

[*] Georgia

[*]MidWest

• Illinois
      • Chicago
      • Springfield

And so on...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi,

I have an FSX scenery folder on my desktop and make up individual folders

for each scenery. Just make a New York scenery folder, and put that into the FSX Scenery

folder on your desktop, then add the scenery folder for each area you want to add, then

make a Washington scenery folder and do likewise. You can also put Traffic bgl files in

these folders as well, just make up your traffic file, put it in a scenery folder, activate it,

and away you go.

You should end up with the following folder structure, I have the following:

Main Folder = FSX Scenery (on desktop)

Sub Folder = New York Scenery > Scenery Folders >> Manhattan, JFK, La-Guardia, etc

Sub Folder = New Jersey Scenery > Scenery Folders > NJ GA Airports, Newark, Teteborough etc

Sub Folder = Nepal Scenery > Scenery Folders > Lukla, Lukla Traffic, etc

FSX is not bothered where the add on scenery is, you just add it by finding the path in

scenery manager, and don't forget if you are using Windows 7 or 10 that to add the

folder you will need to right click on the white area in the explorer window, it's a quirk

in W7 / W10.

I put my scenery folders on my desktop as I find it easier to work with that way, but

it doesn't matter where they are, as long as its not in programme files x86

Hope this makes sense

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

I have an FSX scenery folder on my desktop and make up individual folders

for each scenery.

The problem with doing that is that you are forcing the scenery to be on the C: drive. My scenery is on the D: drive, but if you want you can make a shortcut on the desktop to the actual scenery folder you are using, whether it's the original add-on folder or something else that you choose, and it won't fill up your C: drive with scenery.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi Inuss,

The problem with doing that is that you are forcing the scenery to be on the C: drive. My scenery is on the D: drive, but if you want you can make a shortcut on the desktop to the actual scenery folder you are using, whether it's the original add-on folder or something else that you choose, and it won't fill up your C: drive with scenery.

Of course you are quite right, I should have said the folders are on a separate SSD and like you

I have created shortcuts to the relevant folders:o

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

• 2 weeks later...