Hello young flight simmers???

Skywatcher12

Judging by visitors to FS exhibitions at Cosford and Lleystad, most simmers are in the grey-haired age range. Noticeably, the professional developers are usually somewhat younger.

Er, because only the wizened among us can DRIVE..?

Have YOU looked at the cost of insurance for `Da Yoof`, lately?

Picked Dominic and Darren as young ones. Anyone in their 30's is a surprise.

50 here, 32 when FS2004 was released. Hopefully I'll add a post in the oldies thread at 70 and still be using FS2004. By then I might've got through many of the add-ons because after 17 years the list of things to do is still miles long!

Mark Daniels

58 for me. I've been a simpilot since the Sublogic days of ATP. I haven't lost any enthusiasm for the hobby but life made me take a "break" at certain times. But I always returned with vigor and a fuller wallet to expand my hardware and software with :-) I do feel "old" here sometimes because I think I am in the minority thinking VR and 3D cockpits are actually a step away from realism. If the real cockpit has tactile switches and instruments then why not strive for that. But my younger flight sim buddies remind me that the newest jets are even getting away from hardware switches in favor of versatile "glass" screen presentation. Its important to have all the different perspectives and preferences.

A more accurate and meaningful graph would be the retention factor. 20 - 25 year olds may be higher but how many stick with it? I have been a MSFS follower since FS4 whenever that was and I am 65 now and have had every version (including 3 types of FSX and 5 P3d's) since excepting 2020 as I now cannot afford the PC upgrade being decrepit and poor and refuse to be a paying beta tester. :D