Parking Code "list"

nightowl56

There are TWO elements that control assigned parking - one is aircraft based and the other is airport based...

I assume you need to assign the codes to a user aircraft...

You will need to edit the appropriate texture entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Use notepad to open the file and then add the entry as highlighted in BOLD in this example...

[fltsim.4]

title=Virtavia MV-22 Osprey VMM-161

sim=Osprey

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=vmm161

kb_checklists=Osprey_check

//atc_id_enable=00

atc_id=168033

atc_airline=HAWK

atc_flight_number=33

atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT, MIL_CARGO

atc_parking_codes=V161

ui_manufacturer=Bell-Boeing MV-22B Osprey

ui_type= -

ui_variation=168033/YR-00, VMM-161 'Grey Hawks', MAG-16, MCAS Miramar, CA

ui_typerole="VTOL transport"

ui_createdby="Virtavia"

atc_id_color=0x00000000

atc_heavy=0

atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

prop_animation_ratio = 1, -1

description=168033/YR00, VMM-161 'Grey Hawks', MAG-16, MCAS Miramar, CA

If you need to add 2 or more codes they need to be separated by a comma e.g =V166, V22, SFA

Regards

Brian

The atc_parking_code entry in the aircraft.cfg file doesn't work with a user controlled aircraft, it only works with AI aircraft.

You would have to get a program like ADE (Airport Design Editor) and change the properties of the gates or parking spots you are looking to designate at each airport. You would have to make those areas something that FS can differentiate from the other spots, and something that you can select to park at when you land, or place your aircraft before you fly. Something like "north parking", that would show in the menu when they need to go to, or be placed at parking.

The atc_parking_code entry in the aircraft.cfg file doesn't work with a user controlled aircraft, it only works with AI aircraft.

Interesting! It worked pretty well with all of my user aircraft. I was assigned parking spots at most airports according to my airline and was parked along side my fellow airline aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

+1 on Charlie's comment...

I have also regularly used an assigned parking code entry in user aircraft to be able to park at specific areas of an airport - hence the reason why I provided the info....

In the example given, the code used is the one used by a MAIW provided MV-22 Osprey AI package. Each and every time I have landed at MCAS Miramar, I have been directed to a spot dedicated to the VMM-161 AI, as provided in the airport .bgl file. I used to also have the V22 entry along side the V161 code but would often get sent to a one of the generic V22 only coded overspill spots or, occasionally, another VMM parking area that was coded with both a Vxxx code and V22.

I considered mentioning the possible need to amend an airport using ADE but, as stated based on the limited info given and as we are talking about a VA, I posted my reply on the assumption that any airports used by the VA will have suitable and readily available scenery, either via the VA site or via a recommendation list.

Regards

Brian

That's weird you've been able to get that to work. I've tried repeatedly to get that to work on mine, and have been very very lucky to get my aircraft to park where the coded parking was set for. I'll tell the ATC to go to gates, and it will send my plane to a gate. But, when I look at the assignment of the gate, more often than not it's not coded the same as the plane. But, I don't worry about that really. If I really was concerned, the above steps I laid out guaranteed the spot assigned would get me to where I should have been