Insert MS FS Game Disk

I have been operating MSFS for the past few months without a problem. This morning, it will not launch. I press the icon in the task bar or in the Start menu and nothing happens. I tried launching it from MS Store. There was an error message there - the code was all zeros - so I hit the refresh button, downloaded a gigabyte of something and tried again. This time it opens the Asobo etc. screens then stops with the message 'Please insert MS FS game disc'. I have the digital version so no disc and even if I had, my gaming PC does not have a CD drive. I checked that my time and region settings were OK; checked that FS was allowed through my Defender firewall; turned off virus protection all to no avail. During its partial launch FS shows that the new update has been installed - 1.10.11.0 I have checked my MS account; my subscription services to Office work OK. There is plenty of room on my SSD and no other games are installed on this PC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

To add to rockinrobin's advice about the internet connection, some users have reported problems when their VPN is switched on - if you use a VPN, switch it off while running MSFS.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

One thing bothering me about this is the digital version should switch to offline mode if there is no internet connection.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 4 months later...

This has just happened to me after installing the update. Never had the issue before. Anyone any tips?

Windows completely up to date. I seem to spend more time updating it than flying in the damn thing.

Thanks

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

The Xbox servers are offline, they should be back up in half an hour or so... you can check the status here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Brilliant, thanks.

Thought the update had broken itself. The thought of doing another install was frustrating!

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

xbox servers still down

is the Offline version working?

Or is it limited times you can switch to offline, like as if MS would put a gun to our head and say: "now make up your mind, do you want the game for online or offline playing? chose one and stick to it"

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

At first, I got an error that allowed me to load the game but the Bing ground textures were missing despite being 'ON' in the settings. I exited and noticed an optional Windows update so installed that. Afterwards, the game wouldn't load at all.

Working again now :)

Had that happen to me yesterday. I restarted MSFS and it did not ask for "Disk 1" again and the simulator loaded normally.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.