Insert MS FS Game Disk

I have been operating MSFS for the past few months without a problem. This morning, it will not launch. I press the icon in the task bar or in the Start menu and nothing happens. I tried launching it from MS Store. There was an error message there - the code was all zeros - so I hit the refresh button, downloaded a gigabyte of something and tried again. This time it opens the Asobo etc. screens then stops with the message 'Please insert MS FS game disc'. I have the digital version so no disc and even if I had, my gaming PC does not have a CD drive. I checked that my time and region settings were OK; checked that FS was allowed through my Defender firewall; turned off virus protection all to no avail. During its partial launch FS shows that the new update has been installed - 1.10.11.0 I have checked my MS account; my subscription services to Office work OK. There is plenty of room on my SSD and no other games are installed on this PC. Does anyone have any suggestions? Edited by nsproles

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

That seems to be it. I did as you suggested and it now seems to be working OK. Thank You.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.