New update and ctd

installed new update... Set the 172 at Lowi set altitude hit the vertical speed and the bloody thing threw a CTD!!!!!! I too am getting very tired of this now............. for god sakes take it off the market and bring it back when it does what it says on the tin!!!! or maybe you need a few lawsuits thrown your way to motivate you... the thing is people are buying into something you can NOT DELIVER!! and failed to deliver update after update...... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

But it isn't happening to everyone, so it is likely NOT the program, but a controller conflict in your setup.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

installed new update... Set the 172 at Lowi set altitude hit the vertical speed and the bloody thing threw a CTD!!!!!! I too am getting very tired of this now............. for god sakes take it off the market and bring it back when it does what it says on the tin!!!! or maybe you need a few lawsuits thrown your way to motivate you... the thing is people are buying into something you can NOT DELIVER!! and failed to deliver update after update......

Did you launch the sim straight after the update? You should really close it and restart your PC after every update, also the control sensitivities have changed again so it's worth resetting them first before trying another flight.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

no controller all keyboard on that flight and never got off the ground ctd! my sim is far worst than before the update now :( in two minds whether to just walk away from it all, that's how tired I've become waiting and let down update after update......

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Did you launch the sim straight after the update? You should really close it and restart your PC after every update, also the control sensitivities have changed again so it's worth resetting them first before trying another flight.

I did a reboot....

Is your LOWI scenery the default or a mod/addon? If it's a mod then it may not be compatible with the new version 1.10.11.0.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is your LOWI scenery the default or a mod/addon? If it's a mod then it may not be compatible with the new version 1.10.11.0.

ha it's Orbx scenery will look at that later, thanks for suggestion Tiger....

ha it's Orbx scenery will look at that later, thanks for suggestion Tiger....

Even if it's a addon, it should still work ok. It's called backward compatibility. You can't expect vendors to have to change their addon's after every update. And it shouldn't crash the program. It's called error handling. Always blame the victim!

Even if it's a addon, it should still work ok. It's called backward compatibility. You can't expect vendors to have to change their addon's after every update. And it shouldn't crash the program. It's called error handling. Always blame the victim!
The sim is still in development and some elements will change completely, therefore backwards compatibility is impossible and vendors will have to update their products accordingly. This is perfectly normal with supported software, even if it happens more often with MSFS than it does with XPlane or P3D.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Because if you use it prudently, it works fine. Keep it simple and things work.

This isn't just going from FS2002 to FS2004, this is a major rewrite. Vendors and partners will have to adapt to a changing target. You can't blame MS when folks try to run this on a 2MB/s internet connection and have problems.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

@ Tim Wright

"The sim is still in development " !!! How in the hell can a so called "company" sell aproduct in this CRAMMY condition !!

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Unbelievable and ONLY idiots are accepting this kind of """" lousy product"""" PERIOD !

@G. Kirschstein - Why so annoyed? Ignorance is supposed to be bliss!

I was feeling very frustrated yesterday. Later I placed the 747 at Phoenix Arozona took it 300ft applied auto pilot all ok..... dialled 10,000ft hit flch it arrived at 10,000 no problems.... dialled 30,000 hit FLCH ctd arrgggg. The 172 is having problems trimming which I never had before the one but last update...

..... My blame is with MS rushing this product to market unfinished...In short the sim worked reasonably well for me then degraded with each update......... we have always had problems with new MS sims, but nothing on the scale of this one...... I still feel sorry for ASOBO I place the blame firmly at MS headquarters.........

The sim is still in development and some elements will change completely, therefore backwards compatibility is impossible and vendors will have to update their products accordingly. This is perfectly normal with supported software, even if it happens more often with MSFS than it does with XPlane or P3D.

Not good enough, I`m afraid.

If Asobo can`t build in retro-compatibility they have no reason to be producing a mass-market product and should remove themselves from the market `tout-suite`! Customers have the right to expect rearwards compliance or else they have no right or reason to expect chargeable addons!

If Asobo can`t build in retro-compatibility they have no reason to be producing a mass-market product and should remove themselves from the market `tout-suite`! Customers have the right to expect rearwards compliance or else they have no right or reason to expect chargeable addons!

Should LM or XP be held to your same pie in the sky standards?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

daspinall - sorry you are going through this. I gave the software back right away. What people fail to understand is that the 3D rendering software is a piece of crap. So the sim will never work right until a whole new version is released. For 2+ months tons of people have been posting on here what a piece of crap software this is and then you have these morons thread after thread telling people its their problem, not the software. I think after 2 months and many many post people would understand this piece of crap software will NEVER be updated to work. I love the part where people turn off their autopilots and the plane just tilts to one side with no control. Sure, an updated has been coming to fix that problem since its release. If you can, give it back. No patch is going to ever fix this software. It can't, the 3D rendering software can't handle it.

Some people have the utmost contempt for anything they can't understand.

For some strange reason, I have not had the problems? Maybe I am just too stupid to see them? Maybe my simple installation is too plebeian for the gremlins to attack?

Maybe some people download crud and install it in the sim, don't learn how to operate the sim, and continually gripe more than run the sim? If you don't like like it, keep using P3D v2!!

Edited by plainsman

I try to keep my posts restrained, but this is utterly ridiculous. Computer software changes all the time, and the notion that all new programs must be backward-compatible with earlier software is fantasy compounded by ignorance. If that idea had been followed in practice, there would have been no advance in computer technology in the last 50 years. Get real!

daspinall - sorry you are going through this. I gave the software back right away. What people fail to understand is that the 3D rendering software is a piece of crap. So the sim will never work right until a whole new version is released. For 2+ months tons of people have been posting on here what a piece of crap software this is and then you have these morons thread after thread telling people its their problem, not the software. I think after 2 months and many many post people would understand this piece of crap software will NEVER be updated to work. I love the part where people turn off their autopilots and the plane just tilts to one side with no control. Sure, an updated has been coming to fix that problem since its release. If you can, give it back. No patch is going to ever fix this software. It can't, the 3D rendering software can't handle it.

The problem with the vitriolic point of view that you express here, is that many people are running MSFS just fine and having a ball doing it. I happen to be one of them. For us, it is not a "piece of crap". How can this be explained if the product is worthless?