Source for FSX

Luscombe1940

I am getting back into Flight Simming after a long absence. I just built a new PC i9-9700k and am waiting for an RTX3080.

While waiting, I would like to get FSX installed.

What is the best way to obtain a copy of the sim? I would like as a minimum the Deluxe Edition. I see there are some on Ebay but not sure if there will be an authorization issue or if a key is required.

I know that there is a Steam version, I have never used steam so not sure if that is the best solution.

I have original copies of most flight sims including MSFS 98, 2000 & 2002, CFS 1 & 2, IL, and others. Always had them loaded on my HD.

Somehow I missed getting FSX and would like to do that now.

As an aside, I do have MSFS2020 loaded but can't run w/o a GPU.

Thanks in advance.

Somehow I missed getting FSX and would like to do that now.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Try https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC-Windows-2008-With-Case/114489455361?epid=70434343&hash=item1aa81a7301:g:vNYAAOSw0GJfmzxU

I am of the same opinion. I have an unopened Gold box that looks like it may sell for more than it's weight in Gold?

With the Assobo20 fiasco FSX will be around a loooong time. Good luck.

Hi Luscombe,

Just my 5 cents, but I installed FSX-SE two years ago, and have never looked back,

and whilst I still run FSX as test setup, all of my flying is done in Steam, and I have

never had any issues, I have had to re-install twice due to PC issues, but no fuss or

drama in either install, you could do a lot worse than going down the Steam route.

Check out FSX-SE at the link below,

https://fsxinsider.com/fsx-steam-edition-and-boxed-fsx-what-is-the-difference/

Hope this helps :D

Cheers

i7-4770K CPU O/C 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System

16 GB G-Skill DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4

Creative Sound Z Ultra High-Performance Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985

video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder Deepcool Tesseract Mid Tower NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan

Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

If you can wait until Black Friday (Nov. 27th), it's very possible that FSX-SE will be insanely cheap.

He's right. Last year it went on sale for like $8 or something. So cheap that even if you get FSX from some other source, you should ALSO get it from Steam. I have it on disc but switched to Steam as the installation was easy and the patches and optimizations for current hardware are all applied. It really is the way to go.

August

If you can wait until Black Friday (Nov. 27th), it's very possible that FSX-SE will be insanely cheap.

It isn't just on sale during the advertised Black Friday event. Like many items on Steam, it goes on sale quite regularly for short periods - usually anything from a short 24 hour period up to a week or so. However, these sales are not generally advertised but are buried deep in the offers section....

To be notified when an item is on sale simply add it to your wish list - when the item is on sale you will be notified by email...

Regards

Brian

After years of rub=nning FS2004 and going through 3/4 copies of disc 4 I bought FSX steam, but for the life of me cannot get it ti=o recognize my joystick despite uninstalling and reinstalling, any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Unplug the USB, and plug it in again.

Longer-term you should switch OFF the control that allows USB devices to allow pause.