KORD-O’ Hare runways bumps- Why are they there? Killing my landings

I see the same issue with KMCI and KDFW. I have not tried KORD. I have gone back to FS9 for the second time now. MSFS keeps getting worse with every so called patch.

I tried to capture some pics but the bumps are at the beginning very pronounced and as the plane advances on the runway they progressively become smaller and disappear. The picture is not a good one but provides a rough idea. I found online that if Photogrammetry is OFF then there is no problem. I haven't tried yet but i will.

4NOW-2.jpg

What are your computer specs and what controllers are you using?

I am not seeing this issue? Could it be a hardware problem or mismatch??

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

What are your computer specs and what controllers are you using?

I am not seeing this issue? Could it be a hardware problem or mismatch??

With Photogrammetry OFF no speed bumps and very smooth landings. My rig's specs:

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD.

Strange, I have Photogrammetry on and I have not had the issue??

Is your installation stock? Have you added any files?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Strange, I have Photogrammetry on and I have not had the issue??

Is your installation stock? Have you added any files?

I always fly with the UA Dreamliner livery. There are three files in my community folder, the UA livery, and to small files (code) they take care of the horizontal line and truncate the series of numbers after the decimal point when view the LEGS. The speed bumps appear with both stock Boeing landings too.

I just posted a trip of KMCI to KPIR in the screenshot section. I flew this flight 11/9/2020. It worked fine for me???

I just posted a trip of KMCI to KPIR in the screenshot section. I flew this flight 11/9/2020. It worked fine for me???

Thank you. I think I found a solution. I will post my findings tomorrow. Smooth battery landings at KORD.

There's a thread on the FS Insider forums about this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/runway-tears-awareness/314575 and a pdf tutorial on how to create an airport flatten file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5acapzsyiivmr9t/Tutorial%20GlRe%201.0.pdf?dl=0

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That is why I don't see these, my internet connection speed is 78MB/s and I have fast memory and processing. It makes sense now!

There are two of these really high bumps at KSEE on taxiway E which there is no taxiway E on the real airport but they have it in MFS 2020 for some reason. These bumps are about 5 inches high and when taxiing down the runway in a small plane, they will stop you dead in the water. And you can't get over them once this happens. I have sent in an email to MFS 2020 telling them this and they did nothing about it as so today. :-(

If you read the thread, you will understand they are not the fault of MSFS, but rather that your internet connection, ram or processor is too slow to properly use the data stream.

What is your internet speed and what is your processor and your ram speed?

If you read the thread, you will understand they are not the fault of MSFS, but rather that your internet connection, ram or processor is too slow to properly use the data stream.

What is your internet speed and what is your processor and your ram speed?

I have 1GB fiberoptic internet speed. I am still investigating the problem. My rig's specs are

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD.

I am an X Plane cockpit builder and I never had problems like these before :mad::mad:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/runway-tears-awareness/314575

Those specs don't look like the cause?? What is your ram memory speed?

Wait, is MSFS running off the HD? That could be the problem!

You are trying to run 4K with an I7 7700K and a GTX 1080ti all on MAX settings. Even the I9 9900K and a RTX 2080ti struggle to drive a 4K monitor on ultra.

You are trying to run 4K with an I7 7700K and a GTX 1080ti all on MAX settings. Even the I9 9900K and a RTX 2080ti struggle to drive a 4K monitor on ultra.

Yes, I run the GTX 1080TI with two 4K-42" TV monitors, along with a curved one and with an external CDU, with no problems in X-Plane. The only solution for FS2020 is to turn OFF the Phorgrammetry and I do not care as far as KORD. I haven't seen any other airports in US or abroad producing speed bumps upon my landing so far. So I rest my case with everything on ULTRA and Photogrammetry OFF for KORD. Thanks for your time.

This program streams hugely greater amounts of data than X-Plane. It isn't that I fault your running 4K, but maybe reasonable settings and turning off "Phorgrammetry" would work more consistently than gritching in the forums about a problem you create!

This program streams hugely greater amounts of data than X-Plane. It isn't that I fault your running 4K, but maybe reasonable settings and turning off "Phorgrammetry" would work more consistently than gritching in the forums about a problem you create!

There are a lot of people complaining about the same problem. I did not create the problem but finally I found a solution that was suggested as the initial intend was.

What a crumpy response for “thanking you for your time”. Happy landings

I am just irritated that someone with an I7-7700K complains about running 4K at everything maximum settings, when the issue is known to be a data speed problem. Thus, yes you did create the problem. Turn down the problem data stream demand, and it goes away, or get an I9-10900K and max out all you want.

I am just irritated that someone with an I7-7700K complains about running 4K at everything maximum settings, when the issue is known to be a data speed problem. Thus, yes you did create the problem. Turn down the problem data stream demand, and it goes away, or get an I9-10900K and max out all you want.

Sorry to disappoint you but my I7 and GTX1080TI are doing very well, no need to buy anything. NO changes to any of my 4K graphics specs just TURN OFF Photogrammetry for KORD only. This is my last response to you.

Happy Landings