Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Fsx startup please?

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    But I must say I am very surprised by hearing about a Microsoft Support "employee" saying that activation was not the responsibility of Microsoft - it most certainly is! If you have to go down that route in the future and get that sort of response, then demand to talk to this person's supervisor and explain the situation. How on earth can a computer manufacturer (or a store) have access to Microsoft's activation codes?
    Product activation for FSX is very much Microsoft's responsibility. I have a feeling that there was something lost in the translation somewhere and the MS support person thought they talking about Windows activation. These days Windows OEM activations can be tied to the BIOS/UEFI and support, at least the first level, would be the responsibility of the OEM. Part of the problem on the MS side is that FSX is no longer an officially supported product so some MS support people are quick to say they can't do anything. One needs to make sure they are calling the MS product activation support line, not general support, and be very explicit about FSX product activation, not Windows or anything else.

With the regular Steam sales and the common issues with FSX installations and activations (which happened well before Windows 10 too), there is something to be said for just buying the Steam Edition. Saving a headache or two could be well worth the $5-$10 price.

Loki, permit me a quote:

"Saving a headache or two could be well worth the $5-$10 price."

I'd probably gladly pay more to get rid of a headache and waste of time and effort!

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi Mr Zippy, long time no hear, many thanks for reply.

BUT!

How do I get around this One: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration requires the English version of flight Simulator X.

Have played this more times than I can remember and has never been a Problem before, but now the Acceleration Disk will not load?

Many thanks

Paul.
    I dumped my long standing FSX program because it was beginning to crash my PC. Too much in there I guess. Any way, uninstalled all and went back with my Deluxe Ver disk (2) first and activated it with the MS code. Then without any SP1 or 2 installs, added Acceleration Disk (1). Got the Error code for Activation. Did just as Mr. Zippy has suggested and opened FSX to run and got he activations notice for Acceleration. Added code and install went fine from there.

4. Default

I have encountered exactly the same problem. I have FSX Gold and have been happily using it with Windows 10. But it has now started telling me, on start-up, that there is an error. And, when I override that and fly, I am told after half an hour that my time is up. Is this Microsoft's way of getting us to buy their latest flight simulator programme? Or is there a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by RobPreston View Post
    I have encountered exactly the same problem. I have FSX Gold and have been happily using it with Windows 10. But it has now started telling me, on start-up, that there is an error. And, when I override that and fly, I am told after half an hour that my time is up. Is this Microsoft's way of getting us to buy their latest flight simulator programme? Or is there a solution?
    If you read through the whole thread, you will see that your solution was provided.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Hi Everybody, not Sure what's going on here?

Decided to Scrap everything and Start again Using Revo uninstaller, making sure as much as possible that nothing was left behind.

But here is what has happened (so Far) this time!!!

ReInstalled a normal FSX DeLuxe Edition without the Acceleration Disk and Program started to load but while white Mouse Cursor was moving along the Loading Bar it changed to a black cursor (Have mentioned this before)
    and because of black Cursor cannot show the Menu Bar, only seems to untick with White Cursor?

when Game loaded it went straight to startup/options screen without asking for an Activation Code.

Having selected a Boing 747 in BA Livery and using Flight Planner to select route Vancouver to Kennedy International, have managed to take of and hav been Flying for over an hour (now Currently Paused and sitting on the Task Bar).

My question now of course is what happens when I Leave Flight Simulator, being unable to Save, will have to Exit and start again.

Not sure why this is working this way but will plod on regardless.

Would like to thank the following guys for their time & patience:-

mrzippy, pomak, jorgen, loki, crj simpilot, malcott.

Possible missed some but thanks anyway.

Many Regards

Paul.

P.S. Paused Game has resumed from Taskbar (but still Black Cursor).
    Last edited by pcohen; 11-22-2020 at 01:36 PM. Reason: more info
    Windows 10 2020.
    Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.
    Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.
    System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Had the same problem with the black cursor but uninstalling my Deluxe version again, because I was not getting the activation block, went back with install and this time got the activation code block. Never open the basic flight so I don't know what the cursor looked like in the game; but as soon as I was able to get the Acceleration pack in there, I had to do as Mr. Zippy said in the register, I was able to get an activation block for it. Anyway cursor is white in the game. I think in installing the original two disk you have to activate the flight sim or perhaps is why the black pointer and maybe without an activation you are running a temporary version. Good luck.

Hi Cole, thanks for reply.

I wonder if this is where my Problem ls, nave mentioned it before but didn't get a Response:-

Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.

In the Run dialog box, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
    In the Services window, scroll and locate the Windows Installer service.
    Double-click on the entry to open its properties window.
    In the properties window, on the General tab, click the dropdown on
    Startup type and select Automatic.
    Next, move to the Service status section.Click the Start button in order to enable the service.
    To disable this specific service, click the Stop button.
    Click Apply > OK to save changes.

When I get to the Startup type and select Automatic line, I cannot change it because It's set on Manual and greyed out so am unable to change It to Automatic.

Anymore help Please?

Thanks

Paul.
    Windows 10 2020.

Does nobody have an answer for this one Please?

It was One of you guys that sent It to me a while ago.

Thanks

Paul.
    Windows 10 2020.

Hi,

If you don't want to go down the steam route, it might quicker just to
    carry out a reset, and get it back to the factory settings, then you can
    start again. This is quite an easy thing to do in W10, as you should
    have a hidden partition on your hard drive that contains all the required
    software to do this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disks.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	223882

To find out if you have something like the above, just go to control panel,
    administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management

and if you have you can likely reset your PC. To do this go to settings, update and
    security, recovery, reset this pc
    , just be sure to back up any files you may need
    before you do the reset, but I am assuming you don't have much on this PC at the
    moment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reset.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	223883

I know it may seem a bit extreme, but it should delete all files and registry entries,
    thus giving you a clean install, and get you back to square one in a reasonably short
    time. If your not happy doing it, perhaps you could get the PC manufacturer to do
    it for you.

just my 5 happence

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast