Fsx startup please?

pcohen

I would have to agree with TextRich surely a green cross means its enabled? Why would you disable it by clicking it and thus turning it red?

I have UTX Europe btw no issues whatsoever but no Steam just FSX.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pomak, thanks for reply.

Yes, it has a green box to say it's Enabled, however, you have to click OK to close the Screen and then it goes back to a Red cross?

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hi Everybody. Addition to the Last Post.

Until I got this New Gaming PC when Installing UTX it used to load with three Green Boxes Checked so you new Ultimate Terrain was working Correctly.

But now you only get One Green Box and Two White Boxes, but as said you have to Click the OK Box to close the Screen and the Green Box changes to a Red One.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Thank you for the clarification Paul. So judging from the first box checked, UTX is able to find FSX:SE just fine, but not the scenery file.

Before we continue this any further, please describe when you purchased your version of UTX USA and where you purchased it from. The next step right now is to uninstall FSX:SE and UTX again AND delete boxed FSX and FSX:SE's registry entries. However this next step will not be productive if your installer is outdated and unaware that a FSX:SE version exists in addition to boxed FSX. The Flight1 link I sent has the latest installer. If you purchased UTX from them you should be able to use that installer instead of the one that you currently use.

Hi TextTich.

The Flight1 link you sent only shows New Products to Purchase but no mention of an Installer.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

The Link Click here to Download (1.1GB) does not appear to work.

If you are really trying to persuade me to Purchase another Product? I need to know it's going to be the Right One.

I am at my Computer Table Looking at the Three Previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator X DeLuxe Editions, One with the Acceleration Disk all with Product Activation Codes (which, when the Activation Codes worked) Ultimate Terrain X USA Installed Perfectly Well with no Issues?

So Don't know which way to go now!

Paul.

Edited by pcohen

Windows 10 2020.

The Link Click here to Download (1.1GB) does not appear to work.

If you are really trying to persuade me to Purchase another Product? I need to know it's going to be the Right One.

The link works perfectly fine for me. It must be your browser. Try right-clicking on the link and selecting Save As... Then see if you can save it to your desktop. Heck, I'll paste the link right here and see if you can get it to work from here.

http://downloads.flight1.net/UTX-Usa-23.exe

I have no interest in persuading anyone to buy anything. As for your last comment, now I am very confused. Did you purchase UTX USA as a download link (hopefully from Flight1, which is what the link is for) or is your installer from a purchased CD or DVD? I'm still waiting for you to provide an explicit response to the same question I have asked you a couple of times previously.

Hi TextRich.

2 X Microsoft Flight Simulator X DeLuxe Editions and 1 X Microsoft Flight Simulator X GOLD EDITION with the Acceleration Disk were Purchased on Line from Microsoft (I think). A long time ago Now. ALL ON PC DVD.

Ultimate Terrain X USA was purchased from FLIGHT 1 SOFTWARE. Also a long time ago Now. ALSO ON PC DVD.

Your flight1 download is now downloading.

Many thanks

Paul.

Edited by pcohen
changes

Windows 10 2020.

Hi TextRich.

Ultimate Terrain X USA was purchased from FLIGHT 1 SOFTWARE. Also a long time ago Now. ALSO ON PC DVD.

That is what I was afraid of. By "a long time ago" I am wondering if your DVD installer is so old it does not know how to install with FSX: Steam. That installer you are downloading may require your Flight1 online account and/or the order number you used to purchase the DVD before it will install. You may need to log into your account at the Flight1.com web site (if you have an online account) to look up your purchase history and order number.

If you are not able to get the information you need to make the downloaded installer work, you may need to contact Flight1's customer service (like loki suggested a few posts ago) and see if they can mail you a DVD copy of the newest installer or create an order number for your previous DVD purchase so your newly downloaded installer can be activated online.

That is what I was afraid of. By "a long time ago" I am wondering if your DVD installer is so old it does not know how to install with FSX: Steam.

Note that if FSX Steam is the only version of FSX to have ever been installed on the computer, it should look just like the original FSX to installers that use the registry entries to locate the sim (which I think UTX does). Issues with installers usually happen if both the boxed FSX and Steam edition have been installed as FSX Steam will create different registry entries that older installers will not find.

Would still be a good idea to contact the official UTX support to see if they may be able to help as well.

Hi Everybody, Some New Information Please.

I have FSX Steam Edition Installed and ready to run.

I have also deleted the old Ultimate Terrain and Downloaded the Newer Version that is compatible with Steam but can somebody please advise as to where I Install It to?

Is It In? C:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX. Or Is It OK to Install It to C:\Ultimate Terrain X as It was in Earlier Versions of Windows. This is where I may have been going wrong.

I'm hoping this is It, fingers crossed.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi everybody, Good Morning.

Well, Now have Microsoft Flight Simulator X STEAM EDITION Installed along with New Version of Ultimate Terrain 2.

But not Convinced UT 2 is working correctly? Doesn't have the UTX.exe to direct and Install to the correct FSX Path as the previous version but DOES flash up a box with one RED CHECK and Two Blank Boxes as In the Original UTX? No THREE GREEN CHECKS.

Had Two grey boxes to Install: first box was a double Install and second box was the lighting.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Paul.

Edited by pcohen
more info

Windows 10 2020.

It sounds like you had the correct installer if you see options for both UTX USA and UTX Airport Lighting. The latter comes included with UTX USA.

The setup tool's file name is UtSetup.exe. It is no longer UTX.exe in the new version. It is installed in /Flight One Software/UtUsaFsx and you decided where when you originally installed it using the new installer.

Now go back to Sim-->Change Simulator Location. What does the top box (for Windows Registry) say the path is? Just as importantly, is it the same as the bottom box - which in your case should be C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX.

Hi everybody. me again.

Not sure what's going on, have done nothing with this since my last One GREEN CHECK BOX Report.

However, when opening UtSetup.exe this Morning, Now have THREE GREEN BOXES CHECKED!!!

Does this now mean Ultimate Terrain USA Is now working correctly or do I have more to do.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi TextRich and all other helpers with this.

Thank you SO SO Much for all your Help with this, finally good to go.

Many tnanks

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi TextRich.

I Have replied to your PM but seems not to be going Into my Sent Items Folder.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi TextRich. Yet another Question Please.

Now this Steam Download Version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X is up and running OK. Is it Possible to Burn it To a DVD as it is or would I still have to go through the agony of setting up Ultimate Terrain USA again.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.