Fsx startup please?

pcohen

Hi MrZippy, thanks again.

Still don't understand why Steam had to change the FSX Setup.

Thanks.

Paul.

The FSX Steam version installs by default to one of two places:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

or:

Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX

Note that your AppData folder may be hidden and you'll need to set your folder options to Show Hidden Files to see it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim, thanks for reply.

Have found the "BROWSE LOCAL FILES" and managed to create a shortcut!!!

Hopefully, Now it will work properly?

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

\Now, Ultimate Terrain X USA is saying it cannot find the install Folder for FSX.

Beginning to wish I hadn't started this? why didn't the guys at Steam leave FSX in an FSX Folder in Drive C: As the original FSX?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the UTX installer (version 2.3) is working very beautifully on my system. After I log into my Flight1 account via the installer it asks me to locate the folder where my FSX:SE is. Locate the FSX folder and it will install there. You may have to click on a button on the installer that says, "Select Folder..."

You may want to write down all good ideas on this thread so you can try them without people repeating themselves or other posters.

Unfortunately Steam cannot have the FSX:SE folder independent in C:/ or it won't work. That is the only major file structure difference between it and boxed FSX. As long as you can remember Steam/steamapps/common/FSX you will be fine.

Edited by TextRich

Hi TextRich, thanks for reply.

Think I now have this working correctly, but just to Confirm:

1. the Acceleration Disk from FSX Gold Edition is NOT Required for this FSX Steam Edition?

2. Have been told Ultimate Terrain X USA does work with FSX SE.

However I cannot seem to Install this as I get a Message saying FSX cannot be found?

A hint as to how to install this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all that have been helping with this.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Jorgen many thanks for reply.

Will Leave the Acceleration Disk well alone thanks.

Any Ideas please about Installing Ultimate Terrain X USA?

thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Jorgen is correct, Paul.

I just went out of my way to attempt to re-install UTX version 2.3. I got an error message too. What you need to do is to right-click on the installer's EXE (in the Scenery Solutions folder) and select Run as Admin. Don't worry, as long as you trust the program, it is totally safe, and it only needs to be done once. The installer will then better locate the FSX:SE files. Please see the attached screen shots for proof that UTX 2.3 does indeed work with FSX:SE. The second photo won't appear unless you run the installer as Admin.

utx1.PNGutx2.PNG

Hi Jorgen & TextRich, thanks for reply.

When Installing Ultimate Terrain X USA, when it loads their are normally 3 Green Ticked Boxes to say everything loaded is OK

This Time I loaded as Administrator and still got message "Cannot Find" and was advised this is a Critical Error and that I should contact http://WWW.simforums-com/forum

Going to give this a rest for a Couple of Days because this Is really beginning to do my Head in!!!

I think I have been at this for a couple of Months now?. Thanks for all help.

Best regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi, back with this, Nothing on the TV. but still think I'm going round in circles.

Windows 10 2020.

Do you have the latest UT installer?

Great point loki. The latest installer is for version 2.3.

However, Paul, while I did not re-install UTX (I don't want it to mess up with my new Orbx settings), I remember from your latest post that when UTX is launched, three green boxes show up. That is NOT the installer! That is the UTX Setup Tool!

If the setup software says it cannot find FSX:SE, then you must go to its settings and tell it where the FSX:SE path is. It is possible you installed UTX first, then moved your Steam directory out of Program Files x86, and UTX still thinks your FSX:SE folder is in Program Files x86. In the tool click on the top menu bar that says FSX, then select Change FSX Location. If the top address (Registry) is correct, click on Use Registry. If it is wrong, use Browse for FSX to find the correct location for the bottom address and then click on OK when done.

Hi loki, still going round in circles.

Cannot find latest UT installer?

Can only find Items that refer to Uninstall.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

I think you mean look in Ultimate terrain X USA Disk for the Setup-UTX-USA.exe is this correc please?

Also can you please Read this:

I have Purchased all Microsoft Flight Simulators Since Day One.

Originally FS9 was my favourite although it no longer works, And I still Have the older Versions, although they probably wouldn't work in this Day and Age?

Then Microsoft Flight Simulator X came along. Thought it was great.

Beginning to wonder whether, Instead of Purchasing Microsoft Flight Simulator - Steam Edition I should have Purchased another Microsoft Flight Simulator X with a new Product Activation Code?

Then I would Have FIVE sets Ho! Ho! Ho But strange The Product Activation Code no longer works in any of them?

Probably, Something Quite simple stopping these Activations working. But beyond my Computer knowledge.

If It wasn't for Guys like yourself and the rest of the Guys out their on the Forums I probably wouldn't have a Flight Simulator at all!

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Paul, yes, it is Setup-UTX-USA. Do not use the word "installer" in this thread anymore, you are beyond that stage as far as UTX is concerned. ;-)

See the instruction manual:

https://static.scenerysolutions.com/Doc/UltimateTerrainXUsaV2.pdf

Go down to Figure 8-2 (its page number are all 2 so find it by figure number) and it will show you the Change Simulator Location window. Click on Sim and then select Change Sim Location.

I don't mind the new MSFS for beginner simmers who just want to enjoy the scenery and group flights. I personally have the Premium Deluxe but I am still waiting for the sim to be more fully developed. For now I am still flying in FSX most of the time.

Good Morning Everybody.

Well, that's a good start to the Day!

See the instruction manual:

https://static.scenerysolutions.com/...rainXUsaV2.pdf: 404 - File or directory not found.

Will plod on.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Don't copy and paste the URL you see. CLICK ON IT. This forum truncates long URLs and those should not be copied and pasted on your browser. After the .com/ it reads like this: Doc/UltimateTerrainXUsaV2.pdf Edited by TextRich

Hi TextRich, not sure what you mean, displays nothing to Click on 404 - File or directory not found.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi TextRich, thanks for reply.

Do You Mean Click on the: Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Because that's the only Page that appears when clicking on the Link?

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Reading these recent posts, in addendum, I would add that for addons to FSX-SE, often looking for FSX.cfg file, which is located in "C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and may have a slightly different prefix, such as merely FSX, rather than FSX-SE, or some variation.

Reading these recent posts, in addendum, I would add that for addons to FSX-SE, often looking for FSX.cfg file, which is located in "C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and may have a slightly different prefix, such as merely FSX, rather than FSX-SE, or some variation.

Correct. For PCohen's issue now, he needs to tell UTX USA where his base FSX:SE installation folder is. UTX doesn't need his AppData or FSX.cfg at this point.

Hi loki, thanks for reply.

TextRich's link DEFINETLY does not work when I click on it.

All I get is an: ERROR 404 - Not found Message.

However, I have Found that FSX Steam Edition is working perfectly well without Ultimate Terrain X being Installed.

This New Computer Runs with all FSX Graphics set on full in all the Graphic settings.

So my question now is do I really need Ultimate Terrain X USA or would I be better off Installing some new Terrain Mesh for various Country's, Mainly USA ?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.