Newbie advice appreciated

gullsrock

Hi, a newbie from the UK here. Completely new to any sort of flight sim but I have bought the FlightSim 2020 for my PC. Not doing too bad but having trouble controlling the accuracy of approach. I guess I'll get there...

Would appreciate some advice though. I'm looking to buy a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (stick&throttle). Is this a good compatible match for the PC based FlightSim 2020? And any thoughts on whether this would be a good control to buy. Are there any pitfalls or known problems?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have MSFS 2020, but I do have the Thrustmaster Warthog and I'm extremely pleased with it. I've used it for a number of years now with FSX and with P3D, and with the controls I have programmed (easy graphical programming, and I didn't leave it default) it's rare that I have to take my hands off the stick and throttle. Also, its resolution is somewhat better (those Hall effect sensors with more bits for positioning) than others I have used.

That said, I have no idea how it fits with MS2020, but I'd expect it to work well.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 1 month later...
I have the Thrustmaster Xbox compatible HOTAS and it works pretty well. Obviously a yoke would be better but it's sufficient for me. If you're looking for some lessons about all aspects of flight, I recently started a YouTube channel covering all aspects of Flight Sim 2020: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0mOglSE1iP_ll7rIZrIuSA
Flight Simmer since 2001 - Host of Flight Sim School, a YouTube channel that teaches newcomers to MSFS all the details they need to enjoy the game at it's fullest.